What do people do in heaven? Well, pretty much whatever they want!
Now, that doesn’t mean they are lounging around in their pajamas binge watching TV. Remember, what we might believe is “heavenly” here on earth isn’t what life in Heaven is all about.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means, if you take actions on our recommendations, we may earn a commission. But we only recommend resources we've personally used and feel good in our hearts. Thank you for your support.
In Heaven, we know our purpose for existing, so our souls take part in things that will help us reach that potential.
- We may spend our time studying the things we would like to experience in our next lifetime.
- Or we might just be, and enjoy the feeling of radiating peace and love.
- Sometimes, we decide to stay in the Heavenly plane as spirit guides. That is, to guide other souls or to teach them what they need to learn. We may even choose to be a spirit guide for those on Earth!
- Or, we might sit and have deep, meaningful conversations (telepathic of course!) that help us learn and understand. As you can see, it’s all about learning and love in heaven!
What do people do in heaven? Is it like vacation?
The heavenly plane isn’t about taking time off or having a vacation by the beach, though it may feel that way! In Heaven we are content to just be and soak up the awesomeness all around us… if that is what we want to do.
How is my loved one feeling in heaven?
But, why is there only love and peace on this plane?
It’s simple! Because each soul, after crossing over, lets go of heavy emotions such as:
Instead, we return to our natural, loving state!
You see, in the afterlife, our perceptions change. We let go of the human junk that we held onto during our lives. And through this process, we regain our sense of the “big picture.”
In the end, we know that the lessons we learned have advanced our spiritual development.
So as you can see…
Because all of the negative stuff from our life is settled before we “move in,” Heaven is filled with love, peace, and joy!
Will I be able to hang out with my loved ones when I go to heaven?
Most people ask “what do people do in heaven” because they wonder if they will reconnect with their loved ones one day.
The answer is yes!
In fact, I once saw a grandmother and granddaughter riding a tandem bike in a mediumship reading. They radiated joy and love! Other spirits have reported playing cards, painting, and feeling wonderful!
But sometimes… people wonder about meeting up spirits they had difficulty with in life.
Well, you don’t need to worry about that. :)
Remember what I said about Higher Selves remembering who we are and why we exist?
Because we are all reaching our spiritual potential, when we meet someone who was unfair to us in life, all is understood. Sometimes, we even planned to have those tough people in our lives to help us grow.
The bottom line is that our souls understand. When we get to the Other Side, we remember why we chose to have those experiences, and meet those people… even those that were the hardest to bear.
What do people do in heaven? Learn, grow, and bask in the marvelous energy!
Best Books About the Afterlife
- The Afterlife of Billy Fingers: How My Bad Boy Brother Proved to Me There’s Life After Death. This well-loved book will change your view of the afterlife… and make you a believer!
- Do Dead People Watch You Shower? Our fave afterlife book, loaded with questions answered by a psychic medium!
- Do Dead People Walk Their Dogs? More insight from a medium, in easy to read bite-sized snippets!