Did you know that there are different types of psychic readings? Today, we’re going to dig in to the three most helpful and the differences between them.
Of course, you’ll also learn which psychic reader can help you with what.
Disclosure: Some links in this post may be affiliate links. If you make a purchase through them, we may earn a commission. But we only recommend products and services we've used and love.
1. Psychic/Intuitive Reading
I want to know if I should move. Which type of psychic reading should I get?
Here’s a list of questions that are great to bring to a psychic, tarot card reader, or intuitive reader:
- I have an idea for a business. How can I be successful?
- I’m not happy in my current job. What career would make me happy?
- What is holding me back from having a fulfilling relationship?
- Why can’t my ex and I stay away from each other… even though we don’t get along?
- My parents are not getting along. What can I do?
- Why do I feel like I should move my child to a new school?
In a nutshell, psychic readings can offer you guidance or help you make a decision. They can also help when you need quick insight or want to see if you’re on the right path.
Pro tip: tarot and angel card readings are also great for love, career, and other guidance!
How Does a Psychic Reading Work?
During a psychic reading, the reader will sense things about you by:
- using their intuition
- sensing things in your energy fields (aura)
- connecting with your spirit guides
In a tarot card reading or angel card reading, the reader will answer your questions by:
- interpreting the tarot cards you choose
- using their intuition
When you get a psychic reading, you can ask specific or general questions. As a psychic medium myself, I find that I can dig into the heart of the issue when the questions are more specific.
If you want a deep, soulful reading, the next option on our types of psychic readings list is for you!
2. Akashic Records Reading
I want a reading that speaks to my soul and helps me find clarity.
In this case, you’d love an Akashic Records reading. Of all the types of psychic readings, these are my favorite!
In fact, when I learned about the Records in 2010, I became a certified advanced Akashic reader. (The readings are empowering, and made a great addition to the mediumship readings I gave.)
What are the Akashic Records?
Your Akashic Record is the vibrational record of your soul. Some call it the blueprint of your soul. Seeing things from this perspective can be eye-opening!
What Happens During an Akashic reading?
Akashic Records reading are a lot like intuitive readings. The difference is that the Akashic reader looks at things from the perspective of your soul.
This is super cool because you can discover how your spiritual self (or Inner Being) feels about things. Plus, the readings are very detailed, and may even include past lives!
More about the Records:
I am a Certified Akashic Records practitioner, but have also been on the receiving end of Akashic readings. Actually, it was the first Akashic reading I ever had blew my mind and ignited my passion for the work. To say that the reading was helpful is an understatement.
Intuitive readings are wonderful, but in my opinion, they only scratch the surface when compared to the depth of the Akashic Records.
- To learn more about the Akashic Records (or learn where you can get an Akashic reading), visit the site of my mentor, Linda Howe. There is no one I trust more when it comes to the Akasha!
3. Mediumship Reading
I recently lost my grandpa and want to connect with him. What type of reading should I have?
If you are missing a loved one who passed away, then you’ll want a mediumship reading.
A medium is someone who can connect to the energy of those who have crossed over. Many people find mediumship readings to be healing and comforting.
The other great thing about mediumship readings is that they can be given privately, or in groups. Yep, that means your family can get a reading together!
How Do Mediumship Readings Work?
When your reading begins, the medium will “tune in” to the energy of your loved one(s) on the other side. Think of it as making a really long distance phone call!
Then, the medium will share things about your loved one such as:
- Their personality traits and characteristics
- Evidence — like what they looked like, how they passed away, what kind of work they did, etc.
They will also share any messages from your loved one, which is the most important part of the reading.
If you’ve never worked with a medium before, don’t worry. We’ve got articles to help!
- What to Expect When You See a Medium – One of my readers said she wished she had known this info before her reading.
- FAQ’s about Mediums
- How Spiritual Mediums Can Help You
- Signs from Heaven
Wondering if you can “combine” Readings?
Some people like one-stop-shopping and want to have the type of psychic reading where they ask questions about their life and connect with a loved one in heaven.
Here’s the general rule of thumb on that: All mediums are psychic, but not all psychics are mediums. So prior to your session, make sure you check to make sure the person you’re working with offers this service.
If you’ve never had a reading…
You can also check my three part series on psychic scams:
- Online Psychic Scams – Having a reading via email or Facebook is becoming a convenient choice in the digital age. This post exposes common ways con artists posing as psychics and mediums prey on victims.
- Most Common Psychic Scam – Learn about THE number one scam that my clients report.
- Two More Psychic Scams Exposed – Here are two more tricks that fake psychics use to prey on victims.
- How to Spot a Fake Psychic in 2 Seconds Flat – Red flags that will warn you about fake psychics.