There are lots of different types of psychic readings and today we’re going to talk about three popular choices, the differences between them, and which type of reader can help you with what.
1. Psychic/Intuitive Reading
I want to know if I should move. Which type of psychic reading should I have?
Here’s a list of questions that are great to bring to a psychic, tarot card reader, or intuitive reader:
- I have an idea for a business. Can my idea be successful?
- I’m not happy in my current job. Is there something else that I would be good at?
- What is holding me back from having a fulfilling relationship?
- My ex and I don’t get along, yet we can’t seem to be apart. What’s up with that?
- My parents are not getting along. What can I do?
- My sister-in-law is always gossiping about me. Should I confront her?
- Should I move my child to a new school?
If you’re a regular here on this site, you know that I think intuitive readings (some psychics call themselves intuitive and vice versa) can be fantastic tools when you need guidance, insight, or are trying to make a decision.
Tarot card and angel card readings can also be good for love, career, and other types of intuitive guidance.
During a psychic reading, the reader will sense things about you by:
- using their own intuition
- sensing things in your energy fields
- receiving information telepathically from your spirit guides
In a tarot card reading or angel card reading, the reader will help answer your questions by:
- interpreting the tarot cards that have been selected
- using intuition (some tarot professionals use intuition and others only interpret the symbolic meaning of the cards)
You can ask very specific questions or broader, more general questions. As a reader myself, I find that I can really dig into the heart of the issue when the questions are more specific.
Looking for something a little deeper? Want to “kick it up a notch”? Then check out the next option on our types of psychic readings list…
2. Akashic Records Reading
I want a reading that’s going to be deep and give me clarity. I don’t want quick answers or predictions.
In this case, you should choose an Akashic Records Reading.
Of all the types of psychic readings, an Akashic Record Reading is by far my favorite. Once I learned about them in 2010, I never had or gave another intuitive reading again. That’s how great I think these readings are. They really are empowering!
During this kind of session, the reader looks at things from the perspective of your soul. In other words, how does your spiritual self (Inner Being) feel about things.
Your Akashic Record is the vibrational record of your soul. Some refer to this “blueprint of your soul.” Seeing things from this perspective can be eye-opening.
Quick Akashic Notes:
I am a Certified Akashic Records Practitioner, but have also been on the receiving end of Akashic consultations. The first Akashic reading I was ever given blew my mind and ignited my passion to do this work. To say that the reading was helpful is an understatement.
Intuitive readings are wonderful, but in my personal opinion, they only scratch the surface when compared to the depth of the Akashic Records.
- To learn more about the Akashic Records, visit the site on my mentor, Linda Howe. There is no one I trust more when it comes to the Akasha!
3. Mediumship Reading
I recently lost my grandpa and want to connect with him. What type of reading should I have?
If you are missing a loved one who passed away, then you’ll want to consult with a medium.
A medium is someone who can connect to the energy of those who have crossed over. Many people find a mediumship reading to be an incredibly healing and comforting experience.
Mediumship readings can be conducted in groups or in private, one-on-one sessions.
Quick Mediumship Notes:
When you arrive at your appointment, or begin your phone call, the medium will “tune in” to the energy of your loved one(s) on the other side. Think of it as making a long distance phone call – really long distance!
- What to Expect When You See a Medium
- FAQ’s about Mediums
- How a Spiritual Medium Can Help You
- Signs from Heaven
There is nothing scary that happens during the appointment, and the medium will tell you things about your loved one such as:
- characteristics – what their personality was like
- evidence – this could be what they looked like, how they passed away, etc.
- messages – things that your loved one would like to say to you
Wondering if you can “combine” Readings?
Some people like one-stop-shopping and want to have the type of psychic reading where they ask questions about their life and connect with a loved one in heaven.
Here’s the general rule of thumb on that: All mediums are psychic, but not all psychics are mediums. So prior to your session, make sure you check to make sure the person you’re working with offers this service.
If you’ve never had a reading…
I invite you to grab my free eBook using the box below:
You can also check my three part series on psychic scams:
- Online Psychic Scams – Having a reading via email or Facebook is becoming a convenient choice in the digital age. This post exposes common ways con artists posing as psychics and mediums prey on victims.
- Most Common Psychic Scam – Learn about THE number one scam that my clients report.
- Two More Psychic Scams Exposed – Here are two more tricks that fake psychics use to prey on victims.
- How to Spot a Fake Psychic in 2 Seconds Flat – Red flags that will warn you about fake psychics.