When a crush turns into a relationship with an Aquarius male, all you can think about is, “Will this work out?”
It’s at this point when the horoscope chart looks pretty enticing. It’s not that you’re trying to force your way into a relationship, but you want to look to the stars for an answer.
Not only that, but you’re wondering what your guy is really like — down to his core personality traits.
So, what can you expect in a relationship with an Aquarius male?
Well, the Aquarius sign is a whirlwind — it’s an exciting, free-spirited sign that can be hard to understand at first… but this man is undoubtedly worth getting to know.
Disclosure: Some links in this post may be affiliate links. If you make a purchase through them, we may earn a commission. But we only recommend products and services we've used and love.
Read another zodiac sign:
Are You Up for a Relationship with an Aquarius Male?
The first step of dating an Aquarius guy is deciding whether you’re up for the challenge! And we’re not saying this lightly. Challenge may be a scary word, but it comes with so many great things.
That said, here’s what you need to know being with an Aquarius man:
- Aquarian men can be unpredictable. One day, he may be ready to settle down and buy a house, and the next, he wants to travel the world in a van. So if you need stability, you may have a tough time in a relationship with an Aquarius male.
- It may take a while to get a commitment out of him. This non-committal trait goes hand in hand with his unpredictable nature. Aquarius males don’t love the thought of locking in on something, so committing to a relationship may take longer than you’d like.
- His independent-mindedness may scare you at first. He’s super independent and self-sufficient (think cats), so he won’t be waiting at the door for you to come home. But that doesn’t mean he doesn’t care. The way he shows you he cares will be mellow and laid back.
- But, that doesn’t mean he’s a chill person! He’s full of energy and grows restless quickly. He’s not the kind of guy that wants to come home, curl up on the couch, and call it a night. He’s extremely social, so he likes to be out doing things. He loves hanging out with friends and family in his spare time. Don’t worry — he’ll love having you along, at least some of the time… but he doesn’t want to be attached at the hip.
- The Aquarius male is an idea man. So don’t be surprised if he comes to you with a grand idea for a fun date or vacation. You don’t have to go along with all his plans, but you may have a problem if you’re not into spontaneity. (Because that is 100% his thing!)
Dating and Marrying an Aquarius Man
Awesome! It looks like you’re up for considering a relationship with an Aquarius male.
But as you can probably imagine, it’s hard to paint the picture of dating one. They are so unpredictable and unique, it’s a challenge to pin them down in a blog post!
Overall, your relationship will be about experiences, and your man will thrive when he’s trying new things. And he cherishes inspiration and exploration with you more than he treasures gifts.
Your man is energetic, full of life, and sharp. He’s not looking for a patterned life. He wants a little edge and spunk; he dares to be bold with his life and his decisions.
Does that sound exciting to you, or does it overwhelm you? Maybe it sounds like a little bit of both, and that’s okay. As long as you’re ready for a fast-paced, unpredictable life with your man, you should be golden.
Your Aquarian guy likes to keep things spontaneous, but that doesn’t mean your relationship will be unstable. So he’s not going to turn on you one day. In fact, he’s a loyal guy, and that can be seen in the way he treats his friends, family, and, hopefully, you.
Speaking of friends, the Aquarian male loves quality time with his buds. He may seem to be prioritizing his friends over you, but he’s not. He just likes to mingle with all kinds of people. (That’s why Aquarians are often called social butterflies.)
Related post: Myth and Legend of the Aquarian Symbol
What to Expect in a Relationship with an Aquarius Male
Rewind to our point about him being an idea man. We’re going to want to let that soak in…
At the start of your relationship (whether it be the flirty stages or a months in), you’ll want to understand how much he values ideas.
So when you approach him, jump into a riveting conversation that will allow you to exchange views. Then, as you ease into a relationship, don’t let anything become mundane. Keep the philosophical discussions flowing, and you’ll have a happy man.
This is a two-way street, of course, so his ideas will benefit you, too. Actually, he’s always problem solving and coming up with fun plans and ideas for your relationship. One thing is for sure: You won’t grow bored in a relationship with an Aquarius male.
He’s honest and loyal
Another perk of being in a relationship with an Aquarius male? He’s honest and loyal.
Sure, he may be slow to warm up to the idea of a relationship, but once he’s in, he’s in all the way! And he’ll be committed to you and your relationship.
So if you’re looking for a hopeless romantic, Aquarius isn’t your guy. He’s not a lovey-dovey partner, but he is supportive, caring, and thoughtful. You’ll always be able to count on him, and it will be necessary for him to be able to count on you also.
Are You Ready for Your Aquarius Man?
We’ve been doing a lot of focusing on him, but now it’s time to turn it over to you. Now that you know the ins and outs of your Aquarian lover, do you think it’s a match?
Depending on your zodiac sign, your personality traits, and what you’re looking for in a relationship… the Aquarian man could be a perfect match or a total flop for you.
So, take time to think about your relationship priorities with an Aquarius male; because he probably won’t spend time doing this.
Instead, he’ll feel the situation out, and if he continues to spend time with you, he likes you. If he does, he’ll keep being spunky and unpredictable…
And when it’s time for you to decide whether you like him or not, you’ll want to call the shots quick to see if a commitment will happen. Good luck!