Psychic meditation is a great tool to “tune in” to your intuition when you want; and “turn it off” when you’re done.
So if you want to develop your psychic gifts, this meditation will help open and control your abilities.
Disclosure: Some links in this post may be affiliate links. If you make a purchase through them, we may earn a commission. But we only recommend products and services we've used and love.
Psychic Meditation Directions
1. Prepare and Get Comfortable
- Choose a time where you can be alone and have quiet for about 15 minutes. Be sure to turn your cell phone off, also. :)
- Have a notebook and pen nearby to write down your impressions.
For regular meditation, you should sit or lay however you are most comfortable. But for this psychic meditation, I suggest you start this way:
- Sit in a comfortable chair with your back supported.
- Then, put your feet on the floor. Now, imagine them being rooted into the ground (like the way roots are rooted to the Earth).
- Next, put your hands in your lap with your palms facing up. This signifies that you are ready to receive intuitive information.
2. Focus on Breathing
Close your eyes and take some deep breaths – deep, belly breaths. Do them in this manner:
- Breathe in through your nose. As you breathe in, feel your stomach expand. Inhale to the count of three and hold for three seconds.
- Then, exhale through your mouth — again, to the count of three. So in other words, it will take you three seconds to exhale.
- Do this a few times until you feel relaxed and then breathe at a nice, calm pace. No need to keep counting.
3. Ask for Protection and Set Your Intention
- In your mind, ask your spirit guides (and angels if you want) for protection. You know your guides on a spiritual level; so don’t worry. Then, ask them to surround you with love and positive energy.
- Never skip this step. It ensure that you work from a place of love.
4. Open Your Gifts and Take Notes
Now that you have raised your energetic vibration by relaxing, the fun begins! It’s time to connect with your spirit guides or loved ones in heaven. Ready? Here we go!
- What you are going to do now is visualize something that represents opening to you. This symbolizes that you are now open to receiving information from spirit. I like to imagine a small white candle being lit. When I light the candle in my mind’s eye, my guides know I’m ready!
Here are some other visualization ideas. Use the candle, or whatever you like:
- Envision a flower opening up
- Imagine a neon “OPEN” sign
- Picture a door or book opening
- Now, sit quietly for 10-15 minutes and pay attention to your body. Be sure to note any subtle impressions that you see, sense, etc. For example, do you:
- See any images in your mind’s eye (third eye)?
- Feel any physical sensations — pressure, pins and needles, etc.?
- Feel any emotions — joy, sadness, etc.?
- Hear anything like words, names, or phrases?
- Have a sense? Or a sense of knowing?
No matter how subtle, write it all down.
5. Proper Way to End the Psychic Meditation
Congratulations! This psychic meditation has helped you open your abilities. Now it’s time to close down and get grounded, both of which are very important.
Why? Because you are working with energy, and it can leave you feeling a little bit “flighty”. Don’t worry, though. It’s easy to end the meditation.
- Remember the image you used to open your gifts in Step 4? Okay, now do the opposite. So, for example, visualize:
- Blowing out the candle
- Closing the book or door
- Flipping the Open sign to a Closed sign
- The flower going back to a bud
- Next, thank your guides for their help.
- Last, ground yourself to balance the energy. Grounding will help you lose any of the flighty or dazed feelings that you may have.
If you are using this meditation to develop your gifts
Practice this psychic meditation for a few minutes each day. It will help with your psychic development and assist your work with your spirit guides.
If you are using it before giving a reading
If you are using the psychic meditation before giving a reading, be sure to share all of the great info you received with your client. (That’s the way I conducted my readings for years, but of course, how you choose to conduct your sessions is totally up to you.)
BONUS: Grab my FREE eBook and Mp3 7 Real World Steps to Embracing Your Intuitive Gifts from my sister site!