Do you need to follow a psychic diet if you want to increase your intuitive abilities or are working as psychic, medium, or tarot reader? Some people believe that you should.
And, if you search “psychic diet” online, you will find lots of articles that talk about chakras, the pineal gland, and how they relate to intuition.
But to be honest, you don’t need to worry too much about any of that. In fact, you don’t need to eat any special food to become more psychic. Yay!
On the flip side… if your intuition is telling you to try a psychic diet, go for it! (Of course, never risk your health by going on an extreme diet.)
What is a Psychic Diet?
A psychic diet includes a lot of high-vibrational, nutritious, “live” foods. For example, vegetables and fruits. These foods can make your body feel lighter, which increases your energy (a.k.a. vibration).
And when your vibration is high, it’s easier to connect with your psychic gifts and Higher Self.
It’s especially important for spiritual mediums to keep a high vibe so they can sense spirit energy.
So, what does a psychic diet consist of?
- A low meat intake. Some even recommend skipping all animal products — including dairy and eggs (more on this below).
- A lot of vegetables and fruit. Veggies that are as close to their original form is best. For example, salads and steamed veggies.
- Contains very little processed food
- Contains zero to little “junk food” (i.e. foods with no nutritional value)
- Is free of alcohol
- Includes plenty of water, and may or may not cut caffeine
Should You Give Up Meat?
Some argue that a psychic diet should be meat free because it enhances your senses. But I believe that going vegan or vegetarian is a very personal choice. So be sure to research the topic thoroughly for yourself first. :)
Here are some things to consider that may help you decide what’s best for you:
Possible Reasons to Give Up Meat
- Some believe that the emotions of the animal are passed through their meat when they are eaten. Because of this, some empaths may feel bad after eating meat.
- Meat takes a lot of energy to digest and once you consume it, digestion will be the body’s primary focus. I would recommend that you avoid eating a big steak dinner before giving a reading. But that doesn’t mean you need to give up meat altogether if you don’t want to.
Possible Reasons to Consume Meat
- I was a vegan for years, but some people feel worse on a vegan diet. For example, one of my intuitive students felt “deprived” and lacked energy. Now, it could be because he didn’t eat enough protein and healthy fats, or it could be due to the next reason on our list:
- Some research suggests that each blood type requires it’s own special diet. Folks with type ‘A’ blood, for instance, may feel great on a diet free of animal products, but ‘O’s may feel worse. It’s definitely food for thought. (pun intended)
You won’t lose your psychic gifts if you eat a hamburger. :)
So please don’t listen to anyone who tells you that you must do this or that to awaken your intuitive gifts. I was on a strict vegan diet for years. But now I eat organic meats and dairy. Either way, my abilities don’t change.
You need to experiment and find out what makes you feel best. Some folks feel their best giving up red meat while keeping fish and chicken in their diet. Others give up all animal products, or none at all.
- Learn more with my free eBook and MP3: 7 Real World to Embracing Your Intuitive Gifts
Whether or not you drink alcohol is totally up to you… yes, even if you’re intuitive. But, be sure to never drink alcohol before giving someone a reading.
Alcohol and spiritual work do not play well together. Why? Because alcohol lowers your vibration and makes it harder for you to keep your energy high. And the same goes for recreational drugs.
If you drink alcohol once in a while, just make sure it’s not on a day when you are giving a reading.
Be sure to stay hydrated when you are developing your psychic abilities. Water is the best choice. Non-caffeinated, herbal tea is good, too.
Remember: intuitive work is energy work. And that can dehydrate you… so make sure to drink up!
As for caffeinated drinks, like coffee, it’s a matter of tolerance. Some intuitives and mediums can’t tolerated, others can.
Processed and Junk Food
This one is a no-brainer. Processed and junk foods don’t nourish our bodies, and aren’t good for anyone. So, a psychic diet should include as little junk and processed foods as possible.
What to Eat Before a Reading
Use common sense. Don’t eat a huge meal right before a reading because it will take a lot of energy to digest. But, if you feel like eating a pizza, go ahead! But just limit it to a couple of slices.
And don’t starve yourself prior to a reading, either. Going into a reading dehydrated, or with depleted energy will affect your psychic ability.
Remember, the goal of a psychic diet is to help you feel your best spiritually, physically, and emotionally. When you feel great, you’ll give great readings!
- Get my free eBook and MP3: 7 Real World to Embracing Your Intuitive Gifts