Psychic dependency is an unhealthy trend that is occurring more and more, especially with the convenience of online psychic hotlines. Read on to learn if you are addicted to intuitive readings, and how to overcome it so you can save your sanity and money!
Wondering if your spouse is cheating on you? Or curious if you’re going to get that new job?
In today’s fast paced internet world, you can whip out your credit card, call an 800 number, and get immediate insight about whatever issue is bothering you.
With psychic dependency, that quick “fix” is short lived.
Often, you may want more reassurance, so… it’s on to the next reading. This vicious cycle can leave you more confused than ever. I know, it happened to me years ago.
6 Signs of Psychic Dependency
- Had more than 2 readings in the last year about the same issue.
- Contacted a psychic hotline on a whim because you feel as though you cannot wait for a situation to work itself out – you want to know the outcome right now.
- Paid for a reading with your credit card, then gone for another one before paying off the first.
- Gone “psychic hopping.” This is when you contact a second, third, or even fourth intuitive reader because you didn’t like what you heard from the first, Or you may feel as though you need to check with one more psychic just to be sure what the others said is true.
- Had multiple psychic readings and always asked the same questions without making any changes in your life.
- Made an “emergency” call or visit to a psychic.
Don’t get me wrong, I do believe that intuitive sessions can be a wonderful tool if they are given by a reputable reader on occasion. However, it becomes unhealthy if you feel as if you can’t ever make decisions on your own.
If you’re addicted to psychics, I invite you to get my free guide below. I promise, it will give you an entirely new persepctive!
Why It Happens & How to Overcome It
1. Feeling Overwhelmed
In life, there are so many huge decisions we have to make. Should I look for another job? Buy a house? Stay in this relationship?
It can often be overwhelming and sometimes we don’t know where to turn, or what to do. It happens to all of us.
Intuitive guidance can be helpful when you need to make a decision, but it becomes problematic when you feel as though you can’t make any decision without running it by a psychic.
This is when you start feeling like a hamster stuck on a wheel… stagnant and not moving forward.
Remember: No one is in charge of your life but you. A reputable psychic will never make decisions for you.
2. Wanting to Know the Outcome
Another reason why people develop psychic dependency can be summed up in one phrase:
The worst thing is the not knowing
When we are in a crisis, we want someone to tell us that everything is going to be okay, and that we are making the right decisions. This brings us comfort.
We also want to know what the outcome will be so that we can be emotionally prepared.
If you’re addicted to readings, stop and think for a moment about why that could be. At the root of every psychic dependency is an issue that is unresolved.
Steps Towards Releasing Psychic Dependency
Here are some things you can start doing to take back control:
- Resist the temptation to get an “emergency” reading by distracting yourself. Go for a walk, or spend time doing an activity you enjoy.
- Meditate to help quiet your mind. This mental relaxation is often enough to help resist the urge to get another reading. And it really helps when your practice meditating every day. Further, it helps raise your vibration and gets you in tune with your own intuition.
- Make a conscious decision that you will not have any readings for at least six months. Sometimes just setting this intention helps tremendously.
- Talk to a friend, family member, or counselor.
- If possible, step back from the situation for a little while. Sometimes, the best thing to do when you don’t know what to do is nothing at all.
- And my personal favorite: the imaginary letter. This strategy works wonders for me. What you do is write (or type) a letter to a friend telling them all about your problem. Now you’re not going to actually mail this letter, it’s for your eyes only. In your letter, make sure you explain the pros and cons of any decisions you are trying to make. Write just as if you are speaking, no need to be formal. Often times, just having the whole situation written out in black and white is a real eye opener.
I overcame my psychic dependency, and I know you can too!