Psychic children are something I get asked about often. I’ve talked to many parents who want to know, “is my child psychic?”
And the first thing you need to know is this: if you have a hunch that your child has spiritual gifts, he or she does! :)
To be sure, let’s take a look at the 10 traits of psychic kids.
Tip: Your child does not need to have all the traits on the list. Just use it to get a sense of what psychic children are like.
>> Download 10 Traits of Psychic Kids PDF (it’s loaded with resources)
Disclosure: Some links in this post may be affiliate links. If you make a purchase through them, we may earn a commission. But we only recommend products and services we've used and love.
Traits of Psychic Children
1. Sensitive to the Energy of Others
Psychic children are super sensitive to the energy of other people. That’s because they are empaths, which means they can FEEL the emotions of others. (Here are some trusted empath tips for you to read.)
For example, if someone is sad or angry, they can feel it.
And because they have not learned to work with their intuitive gifts yet, it can cause overwhelm.
So, if you think your child is an empath, here are two ways to help them. These are the exact strategies I used to help my own kids when they were little.
2. Psychic Kids are Sensitive to Their Surroundings
Because psychic kids feel energy, they are super sensitive to their environment.
Loud noises or places where there are a lot of people or activity can overwhelm them. Due to their heightened senses, something as simple as the television being too loud can be too much.
And remember that places have energy, too! Have you ever gotten a wonderful or creepy feeling when you walked into someone’s home? Psychic children can feel this, too.
Tip: Intuitive kids need quiet time to themselves to recharge every day.
Relaxing music, writing, or coloring can help them feel more relaxed and grounded. Physical activity can also help them release excess energy and feel grounded. Hello… playground!
3. Psychic Kids Have Great Instincts About People
You can’t fool a psychic kid!
They have a sense of who people truly are and can see beyond the surface. They also know when someone is lying to them or not being sincere.
And, if you tell an intuitive child that everything is fine when it isn’t, they will know!
4. Talks About Spiritual Figures, Imaginary Friends, or Loved Ones in Heaven
- Spiritual Figures
Many psychic children talk about, or have a love of, spiritual figures.
The four year old daughter of one of my client’s says that she talks to Jesus every day. She even asks her mom to buy gifts for Him when they go shopping.
My son also used to talk about Jesus. When he was five, he told me that Jesus talked to him and that he was very kind. The experience gave me chills!
Spiritual figures such as Jesus and Buddha may be spirit guides to these kids, so it’s natural for them to sense their presence, or see them.
- Imaginary Friends
That imaginary friend your child is chatting with may actually be their spirit guide!
Spirit guides are loving spiritual beings that assist us on our journey through life. Everyone has a main guide and several other guides that come and go throughout our lives.
Tip: It’s OK to ask your child questions about their “friend,” such as their name and what they look like. You can even ask what they chat about or have them draw a picture of their guide!
- Deceased Loved Ones
Intuitive kids may also talk about loved ones who have passed away… even if they never met! They may know things about them or talk about having conversations with them.
For example, I have a client that finds her baby in her crib laughing while watching “something” in the corner.
And her son tells her that “Papa” talks to him at night when he goes to bed. The amazing thing is that her son never met his Papa!
5. May Recall a Past Life or Say Things Like, “I Remember When…”
Intuitive kids will sometimes have memories of their past lives.
They may even say things like, “I remember when I was the mom,” or give you other indications of a past life.
When my daughter was three, she used to tell me about “washing diapers” and “taking care of ALL the babies. ” She also said she that “the man used to bring milk.”
I suspect she had memories of running an orphanage in another life!
- Children’s Past Lives: How Past Life Memories Affect Your Child
- Return From Heaven: Beloved Relatives Reincarnated Within Your Family
6. Have a Special Love of Animals
This is one of the sweetest things about psychic children. THEY. LOVE. ANIMALS. I mean, adore and cherish animals!
Our furry friends exude unconditional love. They are bundles of pure, loving energy.
Gifted kids are drawn to this energy because they can sense it. It’s a simple case of like attracts like, which leads us to…
7. Psychic Children are Loving and Compassionate
Psychic children are very loving, kind, and compassionate human beings.
People may say that there is something about your child or that they feel happier after being with them.
Teachers may have a soft spot for your child, too. They may even report that they are a “joy” to have in class, or are helpful to their classmates.
8. Prefer Home Over School
Remember the first two traits on this list? Psychic children being sensitive to others and their surroundings?
Imagine being that sensitive and having to spend time in a room with 20+ kids and noise all day long. Eeks!
This can cause intuitive kids to be anxious and flat out refuse to go to school. Many are even labeled with ADD, ADHD, etc.
- Read this: Empath Survival Guide from Intuitive Souls Blog
9. Sleep Issues
Sleep issues are never easy, especially for psychic children. They may experience vivid dreams, nightmares, or have trouble sleeping.
Each family handles this in different ways.
In my house, it was such an issue that my husband and I would let my daughter sleep in my bed while he crashed in the spare room. Then, we could all get some much needed sleep!
10. They are Creative
Intuitive ability is a right brained function while analytical functions (like math), is left brained.
Creative expression, such as art, is also a right brained activity…
And this is why so many gifted kids are creative and imaginative!
How to Support Psychic Children
- Honor what your kids feel. Don’t brush off their feelings as nothing or coincidence.
- Read these tips to help psychic and empathic kids understand their gift.
- Learn about intuition. For example, read this article about where intuition comes. It will help you understand why your child is psychic.
- Encourage your children to trust their gut feelings. This article will help you learn about trusting intuition.
- Read about the different types of psychic kids, like:
- Rainbow Kids. Read: 13 Signs that You’re the Parent of a Rainbow Child
- Crystal Kids. Learn the 7 Traits of Crystal Children here.
- Indigo Kids. Here are the 14 Traits of Indigo Children (and adults)
Pro tip: Don’t stress out trying to put your child into one of these categories. Instead, have fun with these posts and use them to gain insight!
There are SO many psychic children on earth today and it is no accident.
More than ever, we are aware that we are spiritual beings are and becoming more connected with the divine. So relax and let your child’s gifts unfold at their own pace.
You are the parent of a creative, compassionate, and loving soul. Enjoy it!
Best Psychic Kid Books
- Indigo, Crystal, and Rainbow Children (CD by Doreen Virtue)
- The Children of Now: Crystalline Children, Indigo Children, Star Kids, Angels on Earth
- The Indigo Children: The New Kids Have Arrived (Very recommended, this is a classic!)
- The Crystal Children (Also recommended!)
- Your Psychic Child: How to Raise Intuitive and Spiritually Gifted Kids of All Ages