Reader Question: “I want to know how I can help my son. He’s six years old and is definitely gifted. He has horrible nightmares and I’m not really sure how to help him keep bad spirits away.”
Disclosure: Some links in this post may be affiliate links. If you make a purchase through them, we may earn a commission. But we only recommend products and services we've used and love.
My son is gifted and sensitive too, and went through the same thing at that age.
First, tell your little guy that there are no such things as bad spirits. All spirits are loving.
You see, when we return to spirit form, we become peaceful and loving energetic beings once again. Peace and love is the nature of our souls energy.
If your son is describing bad dreams in detail, he could be having a past life memory. More than likely, though, his daytime worries are manifesting in his dreams (for my son it was school stuff).
So what do you do? Here’s some things that may help keep the “bad” spirits away…
Resources and Tips
- Watch some YouTube videos by Esther Hicks about dreams and/or children. I adore and trust her work. Plus, the videos are free. :) I love this video about how to help your children when they are unhappy. And this one about nightmares is helpful, too.
- Check out the book called The Secret Spiritual World of Children. Children may be spiritually sensitive without realizing their abilities or having the ability to interpret them. This book looks at children with sensitivities as well as adults who may have lost touch with their spiritual abilities.
- Have your son ask his spirit friends to be with him before he goes to sleep. Teach him that our spirit guides and angels are our spiritual helpers, protectors and friends. You can even teach him how to recognize the signs that angels are around.
- Have him draw a picture of his angels and spirit guides. This will help him develop a relationship with them, and gain a sense of comfort.
- Explain a little about guides and angels. Ask him things like: Who do you think your angels are? Even if he doesn’t know, tell him to imagine what his angels and guides look like… and draw what he imagines. You can also help with questions like: What color hair does your angel have? How many angels are around you?
- Give his spirit guides and angels names. Talk about them and make them part of his life. He’ll slowly start to see that there is nothing to be afraid of. Here is our favorite article about meeting your spirit guides.
- Read these 2 tips to help empathic kids.
My son is now 23 and a beautiful soul. You CAN get past this. :)
Obviously, seek medical help if you need to… or if things persist or get worse.
And don’t forget to ask YOUR spirit family for help guiding you and your son, too!