Your numerology life path number is the very foundation or essence of you. It represents your TRUE self (not who your Mama or society wants you to be).
Your numerology life path number can help you know:
- What your soul is here to experience
- The energy associated with your birth
- What your life challenges may be
- Your life purpose (yeah, I thought this one would get your attention :)
Whoa! Wait? Can a number really teach me all that?
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means, if you take actions on our recommendations, we may earn a commission. But we only recommend resources we've personally used and feel good in our hearts. Thank you for your support.
What your numerology Life Path number can tell you
Your numerology life path number can give you so much insight into your life… who you are, where you are going, and how you can use your energy to manifest your best life!
And who can complain with those results?
It’s quick and easy to calculate your numerology Life path number. In fact, you can do so in about the same amount of time it takes to brew a K-cup.
How to Calculate Your Life Path Number
Your date of birth is not random. We all came to Earth at the perfect time with our own unique energy for the evolution of our soul and the world.
It makes sense then that we use our FULL BIRTH DATE to determine our numerology life path number.
All you need is a pen (preferably a sparkly one) and paper:
Write out your birth date numbers. If you were born on September 18, 1992, write:
0 9 1 8 1 9 9 2
18 (day of your birth)
1992 (year of your birth)
Add the numbers up:
0 + 9 + 1 + 8 + 1 + 9 + 9 + 2 = 39
If your numbers add up to an 11 or 22, STOP. The 11 or 22 is your Life Path number. And since 11 and 22 are Master Numbers, you don’t need to do anything else with them. Learn the traits and life purpose of the Master number 11 and Master number 22.
If your numbers add up to anything but an 11 or 22, keep adding/reducing until you get a single digit, like this:
- Take the 39 and add the numbers together: 3 + 9 = 12
- 12 is still not a single digit and is not an 11 or 22, so we reduce again: 1 + 2 = 3
- 3 is a single digit, so we stop
So, a person whose birthdate is September 18, 1992 has the numerology life path of 3.
Voila, done! Next, let’s talk about what to do with this information.
The Meaning of Your Life Path Number
Okay, so you’ve calculated your numerology Life Path. Now what do you do with this juicy info?
I’m so glad you asked!
Remember: your Life Path number can tell help you understand your life purpose and:
- Your hidden talents (so you can put them to work for you)
- Possible pitfalls (so you can avoid them)
- What motivates you (so that you can work with the energy instead of against it)
Imagine what you could do with this insight. How much more fulfilling would your life be with this understanding?
Exciting, right? Here are two ways you can learn the meaning of your numerology Life Path number:
Option 1: Read about your number
Below you’ll find articles about every numerology Life path number, including:
- life purpose
- best career choices
Simply click on your number below (in blue) and read the article. And be prepared to have some “aha” moments! :)
Option 2 – Get a free reading
You can also get a free numerology reading using the button below. Enter your birth date, and your reading will play on the screen. It’s super cool!
Numerology is a MEGA topic! There are actually 4 parts to your numerology chart and your Life Path number is only one of them. You also have an Expression number, Soul urge number, and Karmic number. Learn what they are and how to calculate them here.
Best Numerology Books
- The Complete Book of Numerology. This is a great choice for numerology newbies. A fun and easy read.
- The Power of Birthday, Stars and Numbers: The Complete Personology Reference Guide. Another favorite that blends astrology into the mix.
Get a Numerology Reading (highly recommended)
- Amazing, accurate, and super detailed numerology reports. Get started with a FREE Numerology reading!