A numerology forecast can be fun, amazingly accurate, and insightful. It’s like a GPS for your soul! Not gonna lie — sometimes, they are downright mind-blowing!
Today you’ll learn:
- The four main parts of your numerology chart and what they are: Life Path, Expression, Soul Urge, and Destiny number
- How to calculate each of these numbers
- How to learn the meaning of your numbers for major life clarity!
Ready? Let’s calculate your powerful numerology forecast!
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means, if you take actions on our recommendations, we may earn a commission. But we only recommend resources we've personally used and feel good in our hearts. Thank you for your support.
Numerology Forecast Part 1 – Your Life Path Number
Calculating your Life Path number is the perfect place to start your numerology forecast because it captures the essence of you by using your date of birth. Your birth date was the start of your life and carries some hefty weight in numerology!
What is a Life Path Number?
Did you ever lay awake at night and wonder why you’re here? Well, your Life Path number helps you get crystal clear about your life purpose and “mission” in this life. It’s the most powerful number in your numerology forecast!
You see, we’ve all lived many lives before and continue to learn and grow over each lifetime. Like a fine wine that gets better with time, our souls evolve throughout each lifetime. Therefore, your Life Path number will help you get clarity about the meaning of your life, including:
- the lessons you set out to learn in this lifetime
- the challenges that may come up as you try to learn them
- your natural-born gifts
In other words, it gives you insight about why you’re here!
Once you calculate your life path number and know its meaning, you will have a better understanding of yourself, why you are here, and how you can shine to live your best life.
For example, let’s say your life path number is one.
As a numerology number 1, you are determined, driven, and crave freedom and independence. Others see you as a mover and a shaker (and wish they could do what you do!), but inside, you can totally lack confidence in yourself.
It’s a yin and yang thing where you have all of this AMAZING potential, but need to believe in yourself — kinda like Rocky Balboa!
But… armed with this self-awareness, you can take proactive steps to over self-doubt so you can kick butt and do astonishing things.
And that’s just the tippy-top of the iceberg, so yes, numerology really works! :)
How to Calculate Your Life Path Number
It literally takes seconds to figure out your life path number. Here’s what to do:
- Write out your birth date using all the numbers, like this: 07-17-1974
- Add the numbers of your birth month. July would be: 0 + 7 = 7
- Now, add the numbers of the day you were born until you have a single number. We are using the 17th in our example, so it would be: 1 + 7 = 8
- Last, add up the numbers of your year of birth, like this: 1+9+7+4= 21. Again, add until you get a single number: 2 + 1 = 3
- Last, add the three numbers together: 7 + 8 + 3 = 18. If your number is an 11 or 22, stop. These are master numbers (we’ll talk about them later). Otherwise, add the two numbers together again to reduce to a single digit like this: 1 + 8 = 9.
- Ta-da! The Life Path number in this example is 9!
If you would like to watch a free video that will teach you all about your life path number, visit our trusted partners and drop your name and birthday in the boxes to start. Highly recommended!
Numerology Forecast Part 2 – Your Expression Number
Your Expression number (also known as your Destiny number) is the next part of your numerology forecast and uses your name to add depth and layers to your Life Path number.
For example, your Life Path number is like the trailer for your fave movie… it gives you the overview and highlights of the story. Your Expression Number, on the other hand, is the feature length film, where you get to see the details of how everything is destined to play out!
Fun fact: It is said that your parents intuitively chose your name before your birth to match your energy!
What is an Expression Number?
Your Expression number gives you insight to your skills, talents, and what the BEST version of you could be. It’s your potential… what’s possible. In other words, how to have the most grandé life!
In numerology, some believe that when we don’t fulfill the ideals of our Expression Number, we are not expressing our true selves and therefore, can feel depressed, restless, and unfulfilled.
But don’t let that get you down because your Destiny number is all about seeing the glass half full and showing you how you can best live your life!
Your Expression (Destiny) number can help you understand:
- The things you’re good at (even if you don’t know it yet!) Do you love helping others? You might love to study nursing! Embracing these gifts and moving towards your potential can help you conquer the emotional and spiritual challenges that come your way.
- Emotional challenges that can thwart you from living up to your true potential.
Now that you know what an Expression number is, let’s calculate yours.
How to Calculate Your Expression (Destiny) Number
- Write out your birth name (including middle name). Be sure to use the name on your birth certificate and not nicknames, married, changed names, or Jr., Sr., etc.
- Download and print the numerology chart here (or use the one below) to assign a number to each letter of your name. For this example we will use the name Jane Mary Smith, which would be:
- J(1) A(1) N(5) E(5)
- M(4) A(1) R(9) Y(7)
- S(1) M(4) I(9) T(2) H(8)
- Add up the numbers of your first name. Jane: 1+1+5+5=12. Reduce to a single digit: 1+2=3
- Do the same for your middle (if you have one). Mary: 4+1+9+7=21. Reduce to one digit: 2+1=3
- One more time for your last name. Smith: 1+4+9+2+8=24. Reduce to a single digit: 2+4=6
- Add the single digit values of your first, middle, and last name. In this example, we’ll add 3+3+6=12. If you get an 11 or 22, stop (we’ll talk more about these master numbers later). Otherwise, reduce the value to a single digit: 1+2=3.
- The Expression number for Jane Mary Smith is 3! Easy peasy!
If you would rather curl up on the couch and watch a free video about your Life Path and Destiny number, visit our trusted partners and drop your name and birthday in the boxes to start. It’s about the greatest thing since double caramel lattes!
You’re doing great! Now that you know your Life Path and Expression numbers, let’s more on to the third part of your numerology forecast.
Numerology Forecast Part 3 – Your Soul Urge Number
What is a Soul Urge Number?
Your Soul Urge number gives you insight about your spiritual self (your soul). It tells you what you truly value, what your ethics are, what you desire at a deep, soul level, and how that inspires you along in this lifetime.
What you value is incredibly important to your joy in this lifetime. For example, I highly value beauty. I don’t mean looking good (I live in yoga pants and messy buns), I mean art, interior design, and beautiful architecture!
I also personally value mastery. For me, it’s not so much about accomplishing a goal, but the process of mastering tasks that light me up.
Because I know what I value, it makes it super easy and much less stressful to make decisions in life. That’s why I love the Soul Urge number!
How to Calculate Your Soul Urge (Heart’s Desire) Number
- Just like with the Expression (Destiny) number, start by writing out your full birth name from your birth certificate. Again, no changed names (including married names) or Jr. or Sr.
- Assign a numeric value to the vowels of your name using the numerology chart above (or download it here). Or, use these values for reference: A=1, E=5, I=9, O=6, U=3, Y=7
- Note: If you have a “Y” in your name, it’s up to you if you want to include it as a vowel or consonant. Some numerologists strictly consider Y a consonant, others a vowel, and for a third group, it depends on if the Y has a “vowel-y” sound (example: the Y in Kelly would not be a vowel, but the Y in Yvette — because it sounds like an “E” — would). Don’t overthink it, just trust your intuition!
- We’ll stick with our example using Jane Mary Smith (with Y as a consonant). Let’s assign a value to each vowel of her name:
- J A(1) N E(5)
- M A(1) R Y
- S M I(9) T H
- Now add up the numbers of each name. If any of the numbers is a double digit, reduce the value to a single digit like we did for the Expression and Life Path numbers above.
- Jane: 1+5=6
- Mary: 1
- Smith: 9
- Add these numbers together: 6+1+9=16. Is your number a single digit or an 11 or 22? If not, keep adding until you get a single digit number, like this: 1 + 6 = 7.
- Jane Mary Smith’s Soul Urge number is 7!
Don’t forget, you can get your free Numerology Report from my friends at Numerologist.com. (First, they will calculate your Life Path and Expression number, and then they will offer you a free Soul Urge report.)
My Soul Urge number is 11 and reading the report made me all emotional – in a good way :)
Numerology Forecast Part 4 – Your Karmic Number
Your Karmic number is the part of the numerology forecast that reveals insight about your hopes, dreams, secret fears, and how other people view you.
How to Calculate Your Karmic Number
- Again, write out your full birth name.
- Use the numerology chart and assign a number to each consonant of your name.
- J(1) A N(5) E M(4) A R(9) Y(7) S(1) M(4) I T(2) H(8)
- Add up the numbers. 1+5+4+9+7+1+4+2+8 = 41
- Since the numbers do not add up to 11 or 22, add the 4 + 1 to get 5.
- Jane Mary Smith’s Karmic number is 5!
- Best love matches for all numerology numbers
Don’t forget to grab your personal numerology report from our affiliate partner at Numerologist.com.
Numerology Number Meanings
Numerology Number 1
You have a one in your numerology forecast if your birthday falls on the 1st, 10th, 19th, or 28th of any month, or, if it is your Life Path, Soul Urge, Expression (Destiny), or Karmic number.
As a number one, you are highly driven and shine most brightly in a leadership position.
Read the full article about the numerology number 1 here.