Numerology Challenges. In numerology, each number holds a specific energy.
For example, the number 4 is a genius energy, while those with number 1 energy are super independent! The best part?
These powerful energies help make you who you are… so you can see why it’s helpful to understand them. :)
Understanding these challenges can help you overcome them and live your best life! (And who can complain with those results?)
For example, if you’re a sensitive and empathic number 3 (and wanna sail to an island after the day’s work drama)… you can learn how to protect your energy so you don’t feel so drained. Yay!
Disclosure: Some links in this post may be affiliate links. If you make a purchase through them, we may earn a commission. But we only recommend products and services we've used and love.
List of Numerology Challenges
Ready to learn about numerology challenges? They are easy to understand, empowering, and definitely not as scary as they sound. :)
BTW, if you’re a newbie to numbers and energy, here is a post about how numerology works. (Just in case you’re curious! :)) It will teach you what numerology is, how it works, and how to calculate your numbers.
Number 1 challenges: insecurity
No doubt about it, one’s are movers and shakers. But they also have some major numerology challenges. For starters, insecurity…
So, even though 1’s are excellent leaders, you’ll often find them struggling with self-doubt… or worrying that others are trying to steal their power.
Numerology number 1’s also worry about being “good enough.” Because of this, they can get depressed if they perceive that they fail at something.
1’s are their own worst critics and super hard on themselves. So, their numerology challenge is to overcome a lack of confidence to feel successful and free.
Overcoming this challenge
- Intuition. Ones should learn to rely on their intuition and intelligence because they’re a powerful combo! It’s also important for 1’s to avoid petty arguments, and let go of resentment.
- Meditation. 1’s are all about leading and getting stuff done, so meditation can be super helpful for them. It helps slow them down, be mindful, and get centered. If a 1 feels like meditation is a waste of time, they can use these meditation alternatives instead.
As a one, the more centered and focused you are, the more you can kick butt in whatever you’re tackling!
Numerology challenges for number 2: sensitivity
They are compassionate and caring human beings who feel emotions on a very deep level.
And due to their sensitivity, they can get emotional, jealous, moody… and even fly off the handle.
On the flip side, they are influential and powerful. Yes, powerful. 2’s are trusted advisors that have a knack for making things happen behind the scenes!
But even though they are kind and strong, those with 2 energy worry about what others think of them. For example, criticism can cut them deep, as can feeling ignored by others.
2’s need lots of love (especially from their partner) to feel secure and harmonious.
Thus, the numerology challenge for a 2 is to learn to love themselves. When they do, they will bring peace and balance to all areas of their lives.
How to overcome the challenge
- Self care. Number 2’s tend to put everyone else first. To avoid resentment and burnout, they need to make self-care a priority… A bubble-bath, a night binge-watching TV, or a daily meditation practice can be soothing for these sensitive souls! (If you’re not sure how to get started with meditation, this trusted post will help.)
- Energy protection. 2’s are sensitive and often have the psychic gift of clairsentience. (This is also known as being an empath.) And while they have a compassionate heart, it can lead to exhaustion and energy overwhelm. That’s why protecting their energy and setting boundaries is important for number 2’s.
With balance and mindfulness as a guiding light, 2’s can lead the joyful life they’re meant to live!
Numerology Challenges for the number 3: confidence
Numerology number 3’s are charming, creative, well-liked, and gifted with stellar communication skills. But as inspiring as that sounds, they can also feel irritable, sad, and stuck if they’re not living up to their potential.
For example, you may see a 3 struck by a brilliant idea one day… and defeated and questioning their judgement the next.
Number 3’s can also fall into a pattern of worry and seeing the glass as half-empty. “What if…?” scenarios can race through their sweet minds, and limit their brilliance. They then may feel depressed and stuck.
So, the numerology challenges for a 3 is to believe in themselves. They should also use their superior gifts of communication to inspire others and lead a joyful life.
In fact, 3’s will find it fulfilling to lift others (and themselves) up with positive thoughts and talk, rather than negative. For example, nixing criticism (of self and others) and replacing that with love can do wonders for the soul!
Tips for overcoming this challenge
- Slow down. 3’s tend to take on too much at once. Even though they are loved by others, they tend to retreat from the world when overwhelmed. Again, practicing meditation can be soothing and help 3’s focus. And speaking of focus, threes can help themselves by following the FOCUS principle… Focus On Continuously Until Successful. In other words, tackle one project at a time. :)
- Make a list. For 3’s, making a list of the things they’ve overcome and learned can be the fuel they boost their confidence! This simple exercise can be enough of a push to take action, and live up to their potential. Here are 25 more ways to boost confidence from Zen Habits.
The numerology number 3 can live their best life when they value and believe in themselves first. This way, they can inspire others, and fulfill their purpose!
Number 4 challenge: security
Fours are like Felix Unger of The Odd Couple. Neat, organized, tidy, systematic. Everyone could benefit from a smart and dependable 4 in their corner…
4 is the friend who organizes the trip and maps out the itinerary… the one that makes sure to take pictures to capture your special moments!
To live their best life, the numerology number 4 has to overcome their challenges around feeling secure. More than anything else, a stable and routine life is what a 4 needs to thrive.
Often times, 4’s crave this stability due to a difficult or traumatic childhood. Building a peaceful life can help a 4 heal that pain and live up to their true potential.
Overcoming these numerology challenges
- Step outside their comfort zone. Learning to delegate can help 4’s. We know it’s hard, because they are set in their ways and don’t like to feel disorganized. But learning to rely on and trust others can be healing to a 4’s wounded soul. Start small and go slow.
- Get outside. Mother Nature cam be a great healer for numerology 4’s. Whether it’s a casual nature walk, training for a half-marathon, or hiking a dusty trail… any outdoor activity that a 4 enjoys is perfect!
It’s totally possible for number 4’s to live the secure, organized, and stable life that they desire. And as they make strides towards stability, they will start to shine as the brilliant soul that they are!
Number 5 challenge: unhealthy practices
Fives are intense, passionate spirits that embody a gypsy soul. They seem to change addresses, jobs, and relationships (especially before age 30) more often than their socks… and they are perfectly fine with that!
As a matter of fact, they require change to be happy… One month their bedroom is painted a traditional shade of blue, and the next month, it’s completely switched up to Boho style… they may go bungee jumping one weekend, and attend a meditation retreat the next.
No new adventure is off limits to a numerology 5!
But more than anything else in life, 5’s value freedom. They need freedom to be happy — almost as much as they need air to breathe.
Interestingly, the number 5 numerology challenges come from their desire to attain freedom no matter what.
When a 5 feels unfulfilled (or that their freedom is being hindered), they may slip into unhealthy practices like addiction.
Thus, their challenge is to bring balance into all areas of their life. By living a balanced life, 5’s can live a life of joy and wanderlust in a healthy way!
Tips for overcoming these numerology challenges
- Slow it down. It can be helpful for 5’s to stop and think things through before taking action. They can ask themselves things like “Am I making this change as a way of escaping responsibility,” or… “Does this decision bring me joy?” These questions can be eye opening for a five and lead to an “aha” moment!
- Meditation and mindfulness (the power duo!) Mindfulness and meditation can help 5’s balance out their energy and find structure. It can also help them find peace and feel spiritually grounded. New to these spiritual concepts? No problem! The following articles will help:
- Meditation Guide for Beginner’s will help you get started and deal with mind wander. And these handy meditation alternatives are perfect for 5’s who like to switch things up!
- 19 Ways to Get Spiritually Grounded. Grounding is an important thing that numerology 5’s need to do to focus and balance their energy.
Numerology 6 challenges: self-care
Numerology number 6’s are gentle, loving souls who set high standards for themselves. These nurturing folks are humanitarians that are here to better the earth. Big job? Yep, but no problem for a kind-hearted 6!
On the flip side, this is also the cause of one of their biggest numerology challenges.
You see, because they are so compassionate, others may try to take advantage of their sweet nature. This can leave a number 6’s sensitive soul feeling emotionally devastated.
Also, since they are so busy taking care of everyone else, they can forget to take care of themselves. And of course, this can lead to major burnout.
So, the challenge for a 6 is to have as much kindness and compassion for themselves as they do for others.
We know that self-care is outside the numerology number 6’s comfort zone, but… when they book that massage, take that bath, or indulge in a Saturday afternoon movie… they feel refreshed and can live up to their potential!
Overcoming their challenges
- Reading books by authors like Wayne Dyer and Esther Hicks (affiliate links) or watching uplifting videos on (YouTube) can help a six relax… and remember that everyone is on their own path.
Numerology number 7 challenge: being overly analytical
Curious, smart, analytical… and very intuitive. Quite the mix, right?
Though these traits are a powerful combo, 7’s tend to have a hard time trusting their intuition. This can also cause them to be uncomfortable with their inner feelings.
Number 7’s may also feel like it’s hard to improve their life. For example, instead of using their intuitive gifts to make changes… they may embrace “stuckness” and complain.
Thus, the life purpose of a 7 is to balance and use their analytical and intuitive gifts. This balance will help them live a peaceful and happy life.
How to overcome their challenges
- Sevens can work on boosting up their confidence in their own intuition. (Here are 11 effortless ways to develop intuition.) Also, they should focus on what they are good at and how far they’ve come, not on limitations or how far they need to go.
- Sevens can also enjoy making daily or weekly gratitude lists to help them stay positive. The classic book, The Power of Positive Thinking is a great choice for a 7!
- Learn more about the characteristics, best careers, and life purpose of the number 7
Numerology challenges of the number 8: financial security
Eights get stuff done. Period. They are self-starters who excel at owning businesses, and planning and organizing events. In fact, many of the most successful people in the world are numerology number 8’s!
The problem for an eight is that they may get too wrapped up on attaining material things, money, and status.
Their hunger comes from fear and the deep-rooted desire for the freedom that money can buy. But, number 8’s have to be careful not to get so caught up in power and “stuff” that only live for status.
How to overcome this numerology challenge
- Eights can overcome their numerology challenges by balancing their power and wealth with the other good stuff going on in their lives… like family time and socializing.
- It can also be helpful for them to focus on their blessings and let go of the fear of losing what they have.
- Last, learning about the laws of the universe, especially the Law of Attraction, can help eights find balance.
Here are two awesome books that I own and have read several times. For me, they were life changing and allowed me to see things in a whole new light:
- The Law of Attraction: The Basics of the Teachings of Abraham
Money, and the Law of Attraction: Learning to Attract Wealth, Health, and Happiness
By balancing their ambition between work, family, etc., number 8’s can live the rich and fulfilled life they desire!
- Learn more about the numerology number 8, their life purpose… and why some 8’s don’t find success
Numerology Challenges – Number 9
Nines are humanitarians with big hearts. It feeds their soul to help others in need. As true humanitarians, they respect all religious and personal beliefs… even when different from their own.
The struggle for a nine is helping others without getting burnt out or becoming resentful. This way, they can fulfill their life purpose with joy.
How to overcome this challenge:
- Nines need to remember that they matter, too! It’s okay to soak in a tub, relax and watch a movie, or turn off their cell phone and enjoy quiet time.
- Daily meditation and/or journaling can help 9’s connect with their Higher Self, and nourish their soul.
Remember, “If Mama ain’t happy, ain’t nobody happy.” Meaning, you can do your best humanitarian work when you are fresh, rested, and happy. :)
I hope this post about numerology challenges has been helpful. Do you identify with a particular number? If so, you can get more numerology goodness with a FREE numerology report from our affiliate partners over at Numerologist.com.