Numerology Challenges. In numerology, each number is said to hold a certain energy. You may be ruled by the genius energy of the number 4, or the fiercely independent energy of the number 1, for example. These powerful energies help make you who you are.
Understanding these spiritual and emotional pitfalls can be powerful tools at overcoming them so that you can live your best life!
So, if you’re a 3 and know that being sensitive and empathic is draining for you (like you just wanna to sail to an island after the day’s work drama) you can learn how to protect your precious number 3 energy so that you don’t feel so exhausted! Yay!
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means, if you take actions on our recommendations, we may earn a commission. But we only recommend resources we've personally used and feel good in our hearts. Thank you for your support.
List of Numerology Challenges
Ready to learn about numerology challenges? They are easy to understand, empowering, and definitely not as scary as they sound. :)
BTW, if you’re a complete newbie to numbers and energy, here is a post about how numerology works. It will give a solid understanding of the topic, and even teach you how to calculate your core numerology numbers.
Number Challenges – Number 1
Ones are movers, shakers, and natural-born leaders, but they also have some devastating numerology challenges. For starters, insecurity…
No doubt about it, 1’s are excellent leaders. But because they have such a high degree of self-doubt, they will often find themselves worrying that others are trying to steal their power.
Numerology number 1’s also tend to worry a lot about whether or not they are “good enough,” and can fall into a depressive funk if they perceive that they fail at something.
1’s are their own worst critics and super hard on themselves. Therefore, their main numerology challenge is to overcome a lack of confidence to have success and freedom in all areas of life.
Overcoming this challenge
- Intuition. Ones should learn to rely upon their own intuition and intelligence because it’s a powerful combo! It’s also important for them to avoid getting into petty arguments with people, and to let go of resentment.
- Meditation. 1’s are all about leading and getting stuff done, so meditation can be really helpful for them. It helps slow them down, be mindful, and get centered. If a 1 feels like meditation is a “waste of precious time,” they can incorporate some of these meditation alternatives into their day instead.
As a one, the more centered and focused you are, the more you can kick butt in whatever you’re tackling!
Number Challenges – Number 2
Due to their sensitivity, they tend to get super emotional, jealous, moody — and can even fly off the handle.
On the flip side, they are also very influential and powerful. Yes, powerful. 2’s are trusted advisors that have a knack for making things happen behind the scenes!
However kind and strong, those with 2 energy also worry about what others think of them. Criticism can cut them deeply, as can feeling ignored by others. 2’s require lots of love (especially from their significant other) to feel secure and harmonious.
Therefore, the numerology challenge for a 2 is to learn to love yourself in order to bring peace and balance into your life.
How to overcome the challenge
- Self care. Number 2’s tend to put everyone else first. To avoid resentment and major burnout, 2’s need to make self-care a priority. An indulgent bubble-bath, a night binge-watching favorite movies and/or a daily meditation practice can be super soothing for these sensitive souls! (If you’re not sure how to get started with meditation, this trusted post will help.)
- Energy protection. 2’s are sensitive and often have the psychic gift of clairsentience (aka an empath). While this gift allows 2’s to have an open and compassionate heart, it can also lead to exhaustion and energy overwhelm. Learning how to protect and maintain your spiritual energy, and set boundaries can be life changing for numerology number 2’s.
With balance and mindfulness as a guiding light, 2’s can lead the compassionate and joyful life they are meant to live!
Numerology Challenges – Number 3
3’s are charming, creative, well-liked, and are gifted with stellar communication skills. As inspiring as that sounds, number 3’s can feel irritable, sad, and stuck if they’re not living up to their true amazing potential.
It would be common to see a 3 struck by a brilliant idea one day, only to feel defeated and question their judgement the next.
3’s can also fall into a pattern of worry and seeing the glass as half-empty. “What if…?” scenarios can race through the sweet mind of a 3 and limit their brilliance and making them feel depressed and stuck.
The numerology challenges for a 3 therefore, is to believe in themselves and use their superior gifts of communication for good so they can inspire others and lead a joyful life.
With practice, 3’s will find that it’s much more fulfilling to lift others (and themselves) up with positive thoughts and talk, rather than negative. For example, nixing criticism (of self and others) and replacing that with love can do wonders for the soul!
Tips for overcoming this challenge
- Slow down. 3’s tend to take on too much at once. Even though they are so charming and loved by others, they tend to retreat from the world and become reclusive when overwhelmed. Again, practicing meditation can be soooo soothing! Meditation can also help 3’s focus. And speaking of focus, threes can help themselves by following the FOCUS principle… Focus On Continuously Until Successful. In other words, tackle one project at a time. :)
- Make a list. For 3’s, making a list of all of the things they’ve overcome and things they’ve learned can be just the fuel they need to remind them of their awesomeness. This can be enough of a push to take action and live up to their potential.
The numerology number 3 can live their best life and inspire countless people when they learn to value and believe in themselves first. This way, they can be a shining example to others!
Numerology Challenges – Number 4
Fours can be a little bit like Felix Unger of The Odd Couple. Neat, organized, tidy, systematic. Everyone could benefit from a smart and dependable 4 in their corner. 4 is the friend who organizes the trip and maps out the itinerary… the one that makes sure to take pictures to capture your special moments!
In order to live their best life, the numerology number 4 has to overcome their challenges around feeling secure. More than anything else, a stable and routine life is what a 4 needs to thrive.
Often times, 4’s crave this stability due to a difficult or traumatic childhood. Building a peaceful life can help a 4 heal that pain and live up to their true potential.
Overcoming these numerology challenges
- Step outside their comfort zone. Learning to delegate can help 4’s. We know it’s hard, because they are set in their ways and don’t like to feel disorganized, but learning to rely on and trust others can be healing to a 4’s wounded soul. Start small and go slow.
- Get outside. Mother Nature cam be a great healer for numerology 4’s. Whether it’s a casual nature walk, training for a half-marathon, or hiking a dusty trail… any outdoor activity that a 4 enjoys is perfect!
It’s totally possible for number 4’s to live the secure, organized, and stable life that they desire. As they make strides towards stability, they will begin to shine as the loyal and brilliant soul that they are!
Numerology Challenges – Number 5
Fives are intense, passionate spirits that embody a gypsy soul. They seem to change addresses, jobs, and relationships (especially before age 30) more often than their socks, and they are perfectly fine with that!
As a matter of fact, they require change to be happy… One month their bedroom is painted a traditional shade of blue, and the next month, it’s completely switched up to Boho style… they may go bungee jumping one weekend, and attend a meditation retreat the next!
No new adventure is off limits to a numerology 5!
But more than anything else in life, 5’s value freedom. They need freedom to be happy — almost as much as they need air to breathe.
Interestingly enough, the number 5 numerology challenges stem from their desire to attain freedom no matter what.
When a 5 feels unfulfilled, or that their freedom is being hindered, they may slip into unhealthy practices like addiction.
Therefore, their emotional and spiritual challenge is to bring balance into all areas of their life. By living a balanced life, 5’s can live a life of joy and wanderlust in a totally healthy way!
Tips for overcoming these numerology challenges
- Slow it down. It can be helpful for 5’s to stop and think things through before taking action. They can ask themselves things like “Am I making this change as a way of escaping responsibility,” or “Does this decision bring me joy?” These questions can be eye opening for a five and lead to a total “aha” moment!
- Meditation and mindfulness (the power duo!) To balance out their intense energy, practicing mindfulness and meditation can help 5’s find structure, peace, and feel spiritually grounded. New to these spiritual concepts? No problem! The following articles will help:
- Meditation Guide for Beginner’s – Here’s the scoop on how to get started with a meditation practice, including how to deal with mind wander. These handy meditation alternatives are super helpful, too (and perfect for 5’s who like to switch things up!)
- 19 Ways to Get Spiritually Grounded – Grounding is a super important thing that numerology 5’s need to do to help focus and balance their energy.
Numerology Challenges – Number 6
Numerology number 6’s are gentle, loving souls who set super high standards for themselves. These nurturing folks are true humanitarians that are here to better the earth. Big job? Yep, but no problem for a kind-hearted 6!
On the flip side, this same beautiful energy is also the cause of one of their biggest numerology challenges.
You see, because they have such compassionate hearts, others may try to take advantage of a 6’s sweet nature, which can leave their sensitive soul feeling emotionally devastated.
The other challenge for 6’s is that they are so busy taking care of everyone else that they often forget to take care of themselves (which can lead to major burnout).
Therefore, the challenge for a 6 is to have as much kindness and compassion for themselves as they do for others.
We know that self-care is outside the numerology number 6’s comfort zone, but… when they go and book that massage, take that bubble bath, or indulge in Saturday afternoon movie, they feel refreshed and can live up to their true potential!
Overcoming their challenges
- Reading books by authors such as Wayne Dyer and Esther Hicks (affiliate links) or watching videos on (YouTube) can help a six relax and remember that everyone on this planet is on their own path. Super helpful stuff!
Numerology Challenges – Number 7
Curious, smart, can be very analytical – which leads to…
Sevens can be uncomfortable with their own inner feelings. They may feel as if it’s hard to improve their life. Instead of trying to make change, they may feel stuck and complain. Others may see them as aloof or “snobby”.
How to overcome this challenge
- Sevens can work on boosting up their confidence in their own abilities. They should focus on what they are good at and “how far they’ve come”, instead of focusing on limitations or “how far they need to go”.
- Sevens can also benefit from making daily or weekly gratitude lists to help them stay positive. The classic book, The Power of Positive Thinking is a great choice for a 7!
Numerology Challenges – Number 8
Eights get stuff done. Period. They are self-starters who excel at owning businesses and planning and organizing events.
The problem for an eight can be getting too wrapped up on attaining material things, money, and status.
How to Overcome this Numerology Challenge
- Eights can overcome their numerology challenges by learning to balance their power and wealth in proportion to the other good stuff going on in their lives, such as family time and socializing.
- It can also be helpful for them to focus on their blessings and let go of the fear of losing what they have.
- Learning about the laws of the universe, in particular, the Law of Attraction, may help eights relax.
Here are two awesome books that I personally own and have read several times. For me, they were totally life changing and allowed me to see things in a whole new light:
- The Law of Attraction: The Basics of the Teachings of Abraham
Money, and the Law of Attraction: Learning to Attract Wealth, Health, and Happiness
Numerology Challenges – Number 9
Nines are humanitarians who have big hearts. It feeds their soul to help others in need. As true humanitarians, they respect all religious and personal beliefs – even when different from their own.
The struggle for a nine is helping others without getting burnt out or becoming resentful.
How to Overcome this Challenge:
- Nines need to remember that they matter, too! It’s OK to take some time to soak in a tub, relax and watch a movie, or turn off their cell phone so they can have some time for self-care.
Remember, “If Mama ain’t happy, ain’t nobody happy.” Meaning, you can do your best humanitarian work when you are fresh, rested, and happy :)
I hope this post about numerology challenges has been helpful. Do you identify with a particular number? If so, you can get more numerology goodness with a FREE numerology report from our affiliate partners over at Numerologist.com.