Learn the things that a good psychic reader does so you can get a fabulous reading that empowers you!
My story and why I had to write this article
“Your husband is plotting to kill you, you have to get out now!”
That is the terrifying prediction that one unethical reader gave me back in 2002.
Luckily for me, I was being mentored at the time by some of the best psychics in the world. Because of this, I was immediately able to recognize that this prediction was not from my spirit guides!
Can you imagine what could have happened if I had taken this seriously?
Don’t be discouraged, though! There are plenty of ethical psychics and spiritual mediums out there, and there is a huge difference in the quality of the readings they give.
Best news yet? You’re about to learn about them (and where to find them) now. :)
Disclosure: Some links in this post may be affiliate links. If you make a purchase through them, we may earn a commission. But we only recommend products and services we've used and love.
- Want to get a psychic reading? This article will show you how real psychics and mediums work. This will help you avoid getting scammed and get a great reading with a legitimate psychic.
- Developing your psychic abilities? The info in this post will teach you how to be an ethical psychic reader so you can serve your clients highest good! :)
5 Traits of a Good Psychic Reader
1. They leave judgments at the door
Readings and judgments don’t mix. A good psychic reader puts their biases and personal feelings aside to serve their clients.
Here’s an example: Marie drank a lot when her kids were growing up. Now that they’re adults, they want nothing to do with her. In fact, they blame their mother’s drinking for their problems.
So Marie decides to go for a psychic reading and get some guidance.
When working with the psychic, Marie should feel the love of her spirit guides, and not feel judged. Our spirit guides and angels love us unconditionally.
In other words:
Whatever the reader’s personal feelings are about the situation are irrelevant.
The psychic is there to pass along information from your spiritual guides and loved ones in heaven. Real psychics do this with kindness and empower you to see the beautiful soul that you are.
One of my clients was told by her former psychic that she needed to “suck it up” about her relationship problem. This was the psychic’s own message to the client and is unacceptable.
A Good Psychic Reader Will:
- Be uplifting and make you feel good
- Set the intention that the reading is for your best and highest good
- Pass messages from your spirit guides in a positive, non-judgmental way
At the end of the reading, you should feel uplifted… not depressed or scared.
2. A good psychic reader won’t scare you
Contrary, they will encourage you to be comfortable, relaxed, and at ease.
They will never frighten you with scary news and they won’t:
- Tell you that you have a bad luck curse. This is the number one psychic scam of all time. Never give a psychic money because they promise to break a curse for you. If someone tells you that you are cursed, and they need money to remove it, they are a fraud. No exceptions!
- Predict death. Psychics and tarot readers can’t predict death. The only exception may be when someone is terminally ill. In this case, a spiritual medium may receive a message during the reading. For example, they may hear that you should spend more time with your loved one.
- Diagnose health issues. An intuitive reader may sense that you should get something checked out, but they are not doctors. Thus, they can’t diagnose you. If you see someone who gives intuitive health readings, be sure to use common sense.
- Predict lottery numbers. Ethical psychics and mediums are here to help you in your soul’s journey. Besides, lottery numbers are drawn by chance, and can’t be predicted.
3. They are honest
If you ask a question to a good psychic reader and they don’t know the answer, they will admit it. They will not try to make information “fit.” You may think this is an oxymoron… After all, shouldn’t a good psychic reader be able to tell you everything?
Actually, no, and here’s why:
Ethical psychics play by the rules. If they are not getting an answer to your question, they know it’s not for your highest good right now.
4. Remind you that decisions are yours
This is super important! A good psychic reader will offer insight, but encourage you to take charge of your own life.
So, they won’t tell you what to do, but they can shed light on why certain things are happening in your life. This eliminates psychic dependency and also empowers you.
And if you’re trying to make a decision the psychic can ask your spirit guides about your current path vs. a new path.
Bottom line: If you hear a psychic say you must do such-and-such, run the other way. You have the right to do whatever you want. Exercise your free will! :)
Tip: Never do something that doesn’t feel right to you just because a psychic or tarot reader said so.
- 4 Reasons Not to Have a Prediction Reading
- Where is Mr. Right?: How Free Will Affects Predictions
- Best Questions to Ask a Psychic
5. A good psychic reader is respectful
They respect the religious and spiritual beliefs of others. In other words, they will not force their personal beliefs onto their clients.
Plus, they respect their clients feelings, and deliver sensitive messages with compassion.
So there you have it — five traits of a good psychic reader. Always remember: You are in charge of your life.
Want to get a psychic reading, but don’t know where to start?
If you don’t know where to begin, I invite you to get a feel for the psychics and tarot readers at Oranum. They are the psychic network that I recommend and trust more than any other (believe me, I’ve vetted dozens!) because you get to see all of the psychics live before you enter into a paid reading.