If you’re searching for a free online psychic reading, you may have discovered that there is an abundance of them taking place on Facebook. Today, we’re going to take a look at the pros and cons of these readings:
This post contains affiliate links which means, if you make a purchase through our links, this site earns a commission. We only recommend products and services that we have used or thoroughly vetted and feel good in our hearts.
In January of 2013, I decided to “get with the times,” and open up a Facebook page for this site.
After all, it seems like everybody is on Facebook. Apparently, this includes psychics and mediums. You have to understand that I don’t even text, so imagine my surprise!
As I started to explore the social craze they call Facebook, I noticed a very interesting phenomenon: On an almost daily basis, you can get a free online psychic reading somewhere on Facebook.
But, what’s the catch? What are the pros? Cons? What do you, dear reader, need to look out for? We are going to explore all of this right now.
A Little Background Information
Before we get to the good stuff, let’s take a look at why someone would give away a free online psychic reading. Here’s what I found:
1. As a Thank You
Many intuitives and tarot card readers with Facebook pages do this as a way of giving back to their fans (i.e. the people that like their page). Some do this to celebrate a milestone – for example, when a page reaches 1,000 fans.
2. More Fans
Some offer free online psychic readings in exchange that you like their page. This grows their fan base and gives you a chance at a free reading.
Pros of a Free Online Psychic Reading
All right, let’s get to the good stuff. Here are the pros of having a free online psychic reading:
- No cost – Obviously, the major benefit is that it’s free. So, if you gain some clarity, great. If not, it hasn’t cost you anything.
- Availability – On most days, you can usually find a free online psychic reading event somewhere on Facebook. This is due to the number of intuitives that have a following on social media.
- Variety – Readers from all over the world participate in these events. They include readers that specialize in: tarot cards, angel cards, runes, intuitive, mediumship (though I find mediumship to be the rarest), etc.
- Turnaround – If you are chosen to get a free online psychic reading, you will get it pretty quickly. This can be as soon as hours to minutes after posting your name on a thread (the place where you post your name for a chance at a free reading), and typically within 24 hours.
- One Free Question – Since so many people put their names down for a chance at getting a reading, the readings are short. So, these opportunities can be good if you are looking to ask just one free psychic question (Here are the best questions to ask a psychic.)
Cons, what do you mean cons? What could be the downside of a free online psychic reading? Take a look:
- No Guarantee – As we mentioned earlier, you are not guaranteed to get read.
- Experience – The experience of readers who participate in these events varies from beginner to professional. If you want an in-depth reading from an experienced reader, you are better off taking the time to find someone and scheduling a private session.
- Type of Reading – Sometimes, you may think you are getting an intuitive reading, when in fact, the reader may just be reading off of a tarot card. That, my friends, is reading the words off of a tarot card. That is not a true intuitive reading, which means reading someone’s energy.
- Privacy – For me, this one is a deal breaker. Often, your reading is posted on the public Facebook page for anyone to see. Why? Because Facebook prohibits page owners from privately contacting fans of a page. So, the readings are posted directly on the public page. In all fairness, some readers will post a public message on a thread asking for you to contact them if they need to deliver sensitive information.
- Dependency – It can be very tempting to put your name down each time one of these events pops up. To be honest, I see why people do it. It’s kind of like the lottery. When you put your name down, that’s your chance at a free online psychic reading, but you’re not guaranteed one. So, if you don’t get a reading, you move on to the next. That makes sense. The problem can come in when you start getting addicted to these events, and continue to participate in them even after you’ve had one, two, or more readings. Most experienced readers agree this is unhealthy and can lead to psychic dependency. So just be cautious of that.
- Mix Ups – There’s a lot of energy on these threads (because so many folks participate). It is possible that a reader could inadvertently pick up on someone else’s energy.
Honestly, you are much better off getting a low cost reading with a psychic at Oranum (which is the network we prefer above all others because you get to see the psychics LIVE before entering into a private chat).
Note: If you take advantage of the awesome offer above, this site earns a commission.
I’ve participated in a few of these events as a reader and I’ve decided that they’re not for me for several reasons:
- I’m not comfortable giving a reading to someone that others can read on a public forum.
- I prefer to have a deeper, one-on-one connection with my clients in private. I feel they get much more out of their session that way.
- I find that these events really make me tired.
But, those are my own personal opinions. You may love these events, and that’s OK, too.
If you do decide to check out a free online psychic reading event on Facebook, here are a couple of rules of etiquette:
- Most readers who participate in these do so with good intentions. It really does take a lot of energy. So, please don’t send an unkind email if you did not receive a reading. Remember, no guarantees.
- If you do get a reading, please leave feedback as a thank you.
- If you do put your name down on a thread, remember to go back and see if you received a reading. Sometimes folks actually do receive a reading, but never go back to view it. The first time I participated in an event like this, I gave away several detailed mediumship readings. Each reading took me about 30 minutes and I did five of them. I got three wonderful thank you emails from some of the folks, but the other two never came back to view their reading. It made me sad for the people in spirit that their message was not able to reach their loved one.
If you’d like to get a psychic reading for a low cost, (so much easier than Facebook!) I recommend Oranum because they are the hands-down best online.