Cheap psychic readings are possible if you are willing to think outside the box and do a little work. Instead of scouring the internet for psychic reading specials, you just have to get a little bit creative!
When I was a new professional reader I gave plenty of free and low cost readings. I’ve also had them. Here are some insider tips on how you can get them, too:
1. Visit New Age Shops
New age and metaphysical stores (they sell things like sage, tarot cards, etc.) can be a fantastic resource for low cost or cheap psychic readings.
Here are some ideas:
Volunteer to be Read
New age stores usually offer different levels of psychic development classes, ranging from beginner to professional.
Visit a local metaphysical store and ask about the advanced or professional level classes. Tell them that you’d be willing to sit in on a class as a volunteer to be read by the students in the class.
Students need practice, and I’ve known many spiritual teachers that bring in volunteers for students to practice on. This leads us to our next tip…
When I was a new reader, I gave free readings to anyone who asked. For years, I gave away tons of free readings because it was great practice.
Even when I finally started charging money, I began by giving really cheap psychic readings. This is the way I was able to build up trust and my reputation as a professional medium.
Newbie psychic mediums want and need to practice. And since it’s not a great idea to practice on family and friends, they need people like you to practice on.
So, how do you find these newbies? One thing you can do is talk to employees, owners, and spiritual teachers who work at new age stores. They can usually recommend a great student or a hot, up-and-coming psychic or medium!
Join a Class, Get a Reading
Most metaphysical stores offer psychic development classes. I’ve probably sat in on over 100 of these classes and they can be a lot of fun.
But we’re talking about how to get cheap readings here, right? Actually, joining a class like this can be one way to do it because in these groups, people practice giving readings on each other.
Of course, your reading won’t be as thorough as having a session one-on-one with an experienced psychic, but if you are looking for something fun to do, and are curious about readings in general, this can be a good start.
As a bonus, since everyone in the class is interested in psychic development, they may have some great resources where you can get a free or inexpensive reading. Or, some of the advanced students might be willing to read for you for practice… for free!
Tip: If you don’t have a metaphysical store in your area, try typing “new age shop” into a search engine. Some of the ideas on this list can be carried out by phone or email.
2. Talk to Pros
At New Age Stores
There are some phenomenal psychics and mediums that work as spiritual teachers at these stores.
I was fortunate enough to have British trained mediums from the Arthur Findlay College in England as mentors, and some of my other instructors were published and respected psychic authors. I met some of these mentors at new age stores.
This did involve driving to towns that were about an hour away from me, but the time I invested was worth it because these spiritual teachers had years of experience and a wealth of information.
Here’s what to do:
- Call or visit the store – ask if the instructor has any students who offer cheap psychic readings. At one time, I knew of one phenomenal medium who was putting her students in touch with clients so that they could get some practice doing readings. The students got practice, the clients got free or low cost sessions. A win-win!
- If there are no students available, ask the store employees if they know anyone who offers low cost sessions – they often do.
Ask Pros About Their Top Students
This next idea is a bit unconventional, but I know it’s been done – and it’s worked!
Many professionals who are highly regarded also have high price tags. How about trying to email one of them?
Explain that you would love a session, but can’t afford the fee. Then, ask if they can recommend a student or that gives low cost readings. Give it a shot, what have you got to lose?
3. Psychic Fairs
Some intuitive readers offer psychic reading specials when they work at psychic fairs. For example, a friend of mine charges $60 instead of her usual $150 at these fairs. Why? For a couple of reasons:
- The price is discounted because the reading lasts 15-20 minutes while her typical sessions are longer.
- The people she meets at fairs often become future clients. The clients get to know her at the fair, get a lower cost reading, and she gains a new client – another win-win!
Tip: Most new age stores keep tabs on local psychic fairs. Many even run their own. You can be kept in the loop by asking to join their email or mailing list.
4. Cheap Psychic Readings on Facebook
I have a love-hate relationship with Facebook. There are some very gifted intuitive readers and mediums who promote themselves on Facebook, but there are also some less than ethical ones that do the same.
If you decide to use Facebook to look for cheap psychic readings, I would recommend that you don’t jump into anything too quickly. Here are a couple of tips:
- Follow the page for a while to get a feel for the overall “vibe”.
- See if you can get a sense of the reader who runs the page. Do you like this person and feel like you’d enjoy having a reading with them? Do they seem ethical and legitimate?
- Should You Get a Free Psychic Reading on Facebook? – This post covers all the pros and cons.
- Personally, I wanted to get a reading online, I would rather spend a little bit of money and get a reading from a trusted network like Oranum (link will open to psychic chat page) (affiliate).
Things to Avoid
I know that many websites recommend that you visit Craigslist or psychic chat rooms as a way to get cheap psychic readings.
I would avoid this. You just never know what you’ll get when you go this route. You could wind up being scammed or connecting with someone who is unethical.
Also, do you really want to post your issue in a chat room for all to see?
Also be Careful of:
- Cheap psychic readings that are offered by shady or unprofessional looking websites.
- Psychic hotlines that offer free readings. Some of these are awesome, but some aren’t, so be sure to do your due diligence – you can sometimes spend more money on these in the long run. This is the psychic chat that we like the best.
Remember not to take things too seriously and have some fun trying these cheap psychic readings ideas.