Chaldean numerology is one of the oldest, most spiritual and accurate forms of numerology.
But it’s not well known for being one of the “sexy” types of numerology.
It’s like how Mark Wahlberg is a household name, but nobody knows the name of his manager, you know?
MW’s manager is probably an awesome, smarty-pants, but nobody knows who the guy or gal (see what I mean?) is unless they live in the celebrity world.
Let’s make Chaldean numerology powerful and sexy again and talk about how you can use it to decode life. Helpful? Yeah, for sure!
Disclosure: Some links in this post may be affiliate links. If you make a purchase through them, we may earn a commission. But we only recommend products and services we've used and love.
Chaldean numerology is one of the complex numerology systems to learn.
I mean, you can dig into numbers and interpretations for days!
That’s why we’ve created this post, which is a super simplified version of how to use it.
If you want to go deep, I recommend the book Chaldean Numerology for Beginners: How Your Name and Birthday Reveal Your True Nature & Life Path. This book is the “Bentley” of all books on the subject.
Remember in our other numerology posts how we said each letter of the alphabet corresponds to a number?
Take a look at this simple numerology chart:
Chaldean numerology is a bit different.
- First off, the letters don’t go in order like in the chart above (A, B, C, etc.). You’ll see a HUGE difference in the Chaldean chart below.
- Second, it uses different numbers. In other types of numerology (like Pythagorean numerology), we use the numbers 1 – 9. But Chaldean numerology focuses on the numbers 1 – 8. That’s because the number 9 was considered to be holy (like the number 7 in Christian Numerology) by the Chaldeans. So, it was never used in a standard numerology chart.
Tip: 9 was only used when the letters/numbers added up to 9… but it’s not on the chart. This is like how Master numbers 11 and 22 aren’t on other numerology charts.
- Third, you need to use TWO sets of numbers in Chaldean numerology… a single digit number and a double digit number. Like an M&M with a chocolate center and hard candy shell, these numbers represent the inner and outer you. You’ll see how this works in a minute.
About Chaldean Numerology
Chaldean numerology is much more spiritual than other forms of numerology.
When studying Chaldean numerology, you’ll see spiritual words such as:
- dual energies
And much like Greek numerology, it focuses more on divination instead of symbolism.
Also, the Chaldeans were known for practicing magic and interpreting the stars. Some people refer to this as Mystical numerology.
I know! It is very interesting!
Chaldean Numerology Chart and Values
In other types of numerology you decode your name based on your full birth name, such as…
Jennifer Ann Gordon or…
Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta
But in Chaldean numerology, you use your “everyday” name (which may be different than your birth name). That’s because your everyday name may be your married name or include a nickname.
Jen Smith or Lady Gaga
How to Calculate Your Numbers
Take your name and write it out using the values from the Chaldean numerology chart above. Here’s an example using Jen Smith’s numbers:
J E N S M I T H
1 5 5 3 4 1 4 5 = 28
We’re going to use that double digit, but for now, let’s keep reducing until we get a single digit.
2 + 8 = 10 (still a double digit), so 1 + 0 = 1
So, what do these numbers mean?
- Single digits represent the inner self
- Double digits show the outer self
Single digits are how you appear to the rest of the world. If you were an M&M, it would be the hard, colored candy shell.
Double numbers represent hidden influences that play a role in your life. This would be the yummy chocolate inside of the M&M.
For example, your shell could look calm and collected to the outside world, but your center may struggle with low self-esteem and anxiety.
- If your number is 1-9, read this numerology post to find out what it means. Remember, this number represents your outer self.
- Jen also had a double digit of 10 and 28. These numbers represent her inner self. We’re cooking up a post about these meanings as we speak!
Use Your Birth Date, Too
50 Cent was on to something when he said to “party like it’s your birthday.”
Your birth date is important in Chaldean numerology because it is constant, unlike your name which can change.
In other words, your birth date is forever, like a diamond. :)
In the Chaldean system of numerology the birth number is based on the DAY of the month that you were born.
50 Cent was born on July 6, so his number would be 6. Easy peasy!
Chaldean Numerology Takeaways
Although the Chaldean numerology system is not as popular today as other systems, it’s still powerful.
Plus, it’s unique because you can get insight into the inner and outer versions of yourself!