Our soul urge number is one of the most important in our numerology arsenal. I like to think of it as the Mama of numerology.
That’s because, of the four parts of our numerology forecast, the soul urge number is THE most spiritual. It gives us insight into what drives us at our soul level.
Our soul urge number can help us identify and understand:
- What we desire at the core of our being (so that we can figure out what will make us happy – even when we don’t consciously know).
- The things that really motivate us (you may be surprised when you find out).
- What we truly value (so we can make decisions and prioritize with ease).
- Our soul desires!
Very powerful stuff, people!
Our soul urge number, also called our heart’s desire or soul desire number, helps us understand why we want what we want.
- Have you ever experienced a desire to experience something, like an African safari, or writing a mystery novel, though you don’t know why?
- Did you ever feel called to follow a certain career path, even though it isn’t logical and your family thinks you’ve lost your marbles?
This is your soul urge number shining through!
The soul urge number is phenomenal because it can give you a super awareness as to WHY you do the things you do and WHY certain things draw you in.
Best of all, you can calculate your soul urge number very quickly. Here’s how:
How to Calculate Your Soul Urge Number
Your soul urge number is calculated by using ONLY the vowels in your legal birth name and assigning each vowel a number (use the chart below)
Make sure you use the full name from your birth certificate, NOT your:
- Married name
- Adopted name
If you have a ‘Y’ in your name, it should be considered a consonant NOT a vowel.
Write out your legal name. We’ll use Marilyn Monroe for our example (I know it wasn’t her real name, but let’s use it anyway for fun.)
M A R I L Y N M O N R O E
Assign each vowel a number from the numerology chart. (Remember, Y does not count as a vowel.)
Marilyn Monroe: Vowels=A, I, O, O, E
Add up the numbers.
1 + 9 + 6 + 6 + 5 = 27
Since Marilyn’s numbers equal 27, we need to keep reducing the numbers until we get a single digit (or an 11 or 22). Like this:
27. 2 + 7 = 9
Since this is a single digit, we STOP. (If the numbers were still double digits, we would have added them together again until we got a single digit, or an 11 or 22).
So, Marilyn’s Soul Urge number was 9.
Pretty simple, huh?
Now it’s your turn. Once you have your soul urge number, it’s time to learn what it means. You have two options to do so…
Option 1. (Recommended) Download my FREE Beginner’s Guide to Numerology and Numerology Workbook which includes personality traits, strengths, emotional challenges, and best career paths for each numerology number. It’s over 70 pages of goodness! (Yes, totally free :) Just click the box below:
Option 2. If you don’t want the guide, you can read up on each particular number individually below:
- Numerology compatibility
- Life path, Expression, Soul Urge, and Karmic numbers
- Calculate your Life Path number
Or get my free guide to get all the good info in one place, plus the workbook: