Psychic powers used to be something people didn’t talk about. Can you blame them? Back in the day, if you believed in psychics, you’d be labeled as “weird” – or worse!
Nowadays, people are opening up, sharing their beliefs, and embracing their psychic awesomeness. Better yet, people are beginning to understand that the EVERYONE has psychic powers, not just a few “chosen ones”.
What are Psychic Powers?
Having psychic powers means that you can sense things using extrasensory perception (you know – a “sixth sense”).
We all have this ability and can connect with our:
- Spirit Guides
- Ancestors in spirit
- Higher self/soul via our intuition
Best news yet?
Here are three reasons why you should develop your intuitive abilities:
- It can make daily life easier. Being in touch with your intuition gives you a clear channel to 24-hour Divine guidance. This makes everything easier, from decision making to knowing where to find the best parking spaces!
- Life becomes more fun. Not gonna lie – intuition is magical. Most of all, it’s fun! Can you imagine tuning out your best friend’s lousy advice and listening to your soul? Oh, joy!
- You feel happier. Believe it or not, tapping into your psychic powers can help you lead a happier life. Think about how much less stressful life would be if you had a clear channel to Divine guidance. How much more confident would you feel? How much drama and negativity could you eliminate from your life?
What does Science Say about Psychic Powers?
I was SHOCKED when I discovered that scientists have been studying psychic powers for years. Make no mistake about it, we are talking about REAL scientists, not the fake ones (like Sheldon Cooper!) on TV.
These are the real guys and gals that work at prestigious universities like Duke, Stanford and Princeton!
All I can imagine is a guy in a white lab coat and pocket protector studying a psychic medium with a bunch of electrodes on her head! I don’t know how the studies have been conducted, but it’s kind of fun to think about.
Heck, even the CIA continues to research the phenomenon. If that fascinates you (how could it not?), I HIGHLY recommend the book Psychic Warrior (Amazon affiliate link). Psychic Warrior is so phenomenal that I read it in one exciting night with a pint of cookie dough ice cream to keep me company!
Our science friends don’t yet fully understand how all of this sixth sense stuff works, but they know that time and space have no boundaries for psychic power.
Don’t worry. You don’t need to be a quantum physicist to understand all of this sciencey-psychic stuff. I’ll break it down for you in ordinary language:
The Famous Guy Who Discovered that Life is an Illusion
Dr. David Bohm was one of the most famous quantum physicists of all time. He was a professor at Berkeley and Princeton, as well as a protégé and friend of a man named Albert Einstein (you may have heard of him ;).
Dr. Bohm theorized that there are TWO different, separate realities—the Explicate Order and Implicate Order.
The Explicate Order is our everyday reality. It’s what we perceive as we go about our day of working, watching reality TV, and trying to get the kids to do their homework.
Dr. Bohm proved (through some very complex research) that this Explicate Order that we view as our true reality – is really just illusion!
Well if that’s not the biggest twist of all time I don’t know what is!
What if our reality is just an illusion? Granted, it’s one we are connected to and want to keep in place, but still? Doesn’t that blow your mind? Doesn’t it make you want to eat a big slab of chocolate cake right now and splurge on a new Coach bag? :)
Now let’s talk about the Implicate Order of reality.
The Implicate Order states that all energy is interconnected with a Universal Intelligence. Spiritual folks call this energy “Spirit”. Science folks call it the Unified Field.
The Spirit realm is the reality in which we tap into our psychic powers. In this realm, time and space are flexible and fluid, not logical or predictable.
Have you guessed what’s coming next? That’s right…
Because we are all made up of energy, we are all connected to the Implicate Order (even if we aren’t aware of it on a conscious level). And that means that we ALL have psychic powers.
Boom – mic drop!
We don’t have to be special or have a crystal ball to tap into the psychic gifts that are at our disposal. Anyone with the desire can develop their psychic powers can do so. It just takes some practice.
8 Ways You’ve Probably Experienced Psychic Powers
Have you experienced your psychic powers? Probably, though you may not have realized it. To find out for sure, answer these questions.
Have you ever:
- Had the feeling that something was going to happen before it did?
- Been guided to do something that kept you from harm?
- Thought someone was watching you, only to look around and see someone staring right at you?
- Dreamed about something that later came true?
- Had a deceased loved one visit you while you were in a dream state?
- Just know that someone wasn’t trustworthy and that proved to be the case?
- Have seen flashes of light out of the corner of your eye and known that a spirit, angel or guide was with you?
- Had a dream about someone you hadn’t connected with for a long time and then heard from them out of the blue?
In each of the examples above, you used your psychic powers in the form of intuition. In other words, Spirit nudged you in the form of a sense, vision, or feeling to inform you of something important.
Psychic powers allow us to connect with Spirit while we are living an earthly existence. It’s real, but it’s not scary, like we see in the movies or on TV.
You aren’t the only one who’s experienced their psychic powers. Besides professional psychics and mediums, people of all races, religions and socio-economic backgrounds have done the same.
In fact, many of the world’s most famous and successful people acknowledge their intuition or gut instinct as the reason for their success.
If you’re ready to get cozy with your psychic powers, check out these 28 psychic development tips.