Need Clarity? Talk to a Psychic Now
Psychic meditation is a wonderful tool that will allow you to ‘tune in’ when you want, and ‘turn off’ when you are done. Whether you want to give intuitive readings, work as a medium, or just practice developing your own gifts, this technique will help you get centered before working.
1. Prepare and Get Comfortable
- Choose a time where you can be alone and have quiet for about 15 minutes.
- Have a notebook and pen nearby to write down your impressions.
- Turn off all electronic gadgets. Also, this is not something that you want to do while the kids are running around – trust me on this one, it will not be relaxing!
For regular meditation, I believe you should sit or lay however you are comfortable. However, for the purpose of this psychic meditation, I recommend you start out this way:
- Sit in a comfortable chair with your back supported
- Plant your feet on the floor – imagine them being rooted into the ground, much the same as the way tree roots are buried deep into the earth
- Place your hands in your lap with your palms facing up – the palms up signifies that you are ready to receive information.
2. Focus on Breathing
Close your eyes and take some deep breaths – deep, belly breaths. Do them in this manner:
- Breathe in through your nose. As you breathe in, you should feel your stomach expand. Inhale to the count of three.
- Hold the breathe for three seconds if you can – in the beginning you may not be able to. This is okay, and will come with practice. Just do the best you can – we don’t want you passing out!
- Exhale through your mouth – again, to the count of three. So in other words, it will take you three seconds to exhale.
- Do this a few times until you feel relaxed and then just breathe at a nice, calm pace. No need to keep counting.
3. Ask for Protection and Set Your Intention
- In your mind, ask your spirit guides (and angels if you want) for protection. It doesn’t matter if you know who your guide is or not. Ask them that low vibrational energies not be allowed through now or ever.
- Next, set the intention that that your psychic meditation session is for the highest and best good of your client.
- If you are doing this exercise for yourself only, ask that it be for your highest and best good.
- Never skip this step. You always want to be working from a place of loving intention.
4. Open Up to Receive Information
Now the fun begins! You have raised your vibration, and are ready to receive intuitive messages from your spirit guides and/or the guides of your clients, as well as loved ones in heaven. Ready? Here we go!
What you are going to do now is visualize something that represents opening to you. This symbolizes that you are now open to receiving information from spirit.
Personally, I imagine a small white candle being lit. When I light the candle in my mind’s eye, it symbolizes that I am open and ready to receive.
Here are some other visualization ideas. There are no right or wrongs here, just find what you are comfortable with:
- A flower opening up
- An “Open” sign
- A door or book opening
5. Make Notes of Your Impressions
Sit quietly for about 10 minutes.
Now, pay attention to your body – it really does become your ‘antenna.’ And note: the impressions are usually very subtle.
Do you notice any of the following:
- Are any images showing themselves in your mind’s eye?
- Do you feel any physical sensations – pressure, pins and needles, etc.?
- Do you feel any type of emotion – joy, sadness, etc.?
- Do you hear anything- words, names, phrases?
- Do you have a very strong sense of knowing?
No matter how subtle, write it all down.
6. Proper Way to End the Psychic Meditation
Congratulations! This psychic meditation has helped you open up. Now it’s time to close down and get grounded, both of which are extremely important.
Why? Because if you do not learn how to control your abilities, you will be picking up on energies all day long. All you need to do is this:
Remember the image you used to symbolize that you were tuned in – that you were ‘on’? Okay, now do the opposite. So, for example, visualize:
- blowing out the candle
- a book closing
- flipping the Open sign to a Closed sign
- the flower going back to a bud
Thank your guides and ask them that they not allow any other energies to come through. Many people have trouble with the closing down process, but it will come with practice. Just keep asking your guides for help, and find a way to ground yourself afterwards.
The next thing you want to do is get grounded which helps balance the energy. Grounding will help you lose any of the flighty or dazed feelings that you may have.
If you are using this exercise for yourself:
Practice this psychic meditation for a few minutes each day. It will help with your psychic development and assist your work with your spirit guides.
If you are using this exercise prior to a reading:
If you’ve done the psychic meditation prior to a reading, you may like to start by sharing with your client all of the information you’ve received during your ‘precog.’
That’s the way I conducted my readings for years, but of course, how you choose to conduct your sessions is totally up to you :)
BONUS: Grab my eBook and Mp3 7 Real World Steps to Embracing Your Intuitive Gifts from my sister site!