Reader Question: “I want to know how I can help my son. He’s six years old and is definitely gifted. He has horrible nightmares and I’m not really sure how to help him keep bad spirits away.”
My son is gifted and sensitive too, and went through the same thing at that age.
First, tell your little guy that there are no such things as bad spirits. All Spirits are loving.
When we return to spirit form, we are pure, peaceful, loving, energetic beings. That’s the nature of our souls – beautiful and perfect energy. Spirits are close to God/Source, so are naturally good.
If your son is describing bad dreams in detail, he could be having a past life memory.
Or, more likely, he could just be overwhelmed by what’s going on in his day to day life (for my son it was school) and it manifests in the dream state.
- If I were you, I would watch some YouTube videos by Esther Hicks about dreams and/or children. I adore her work.
- There is also a book called The Secret Spiritual World of Children that may interest you.
What I did with my son was teach him that his dreams were manifestations of his day and “bad” dreams were just his fears, etc. from the day being expressed.
I know that sounds advanced for a six year old, but these little guys are wise beyond their years. Just put it into language he can understand.
- Have him ask his spirit “friends” to be with him before he goes to sleep – his angels and spirit guides.
- Ask him to draw a picture of his angels so that he can develop a relationship with them and gets to know the “good guys”.
- Sit with him and explain a little about guides and angels. Ask him: Who do you think your angels are? Even if he doesn’t know, tell him to make one up and draw it. Use his imagination.
- Give his Guides/angels names. Talk about them and make them part of his life. He’ll slowly start to see that there is nothing to be afraid of.
My son is now 20 and a beautiful soul. You definitely CAN get past this :)
Obviously, if things persist or get worse, call his doctor (because I’m not a doctor and I don’t play one on the internet).
And don’t forget to ask YOUR spirit family for help guilding your son, too!
Further Reading: 2 Tips to Help Empathic Kids