Learning how to develop psychic abilities is easier than you might think. Today, we're going to talk about strengthening your clairaudience, clairvoyance, and clairsentience.
These exercises are simple, but they are the building blocks of expanding your gifts because they strengthen your ability to receive intuitive information. With a little practice and patience, you'll be well on your way towards increasing your gifts!
Clairsentience is a way of receiving intuitive information via feelings. Empathy is also a form of clairsentience. There is a full list of psychic abilities that explains everything here.
A fun way to increase your clairsentience is to
practice psychometry. Psychometry is learning about objects through touch by reading the energy on them. It's a great way (and was my favorite way) to learn how to develop psychic abilities. Follow these simple steps:
1. Ask someone to bring you small objects that you can practice on.
2. It helps if the items are small enough to fit in your hands. Jewelry and keys are great, as metal holds energy well. A piece of jewelry that has been worn a lot (such as a wedding ring) will have more energy on it than something that is rarely used.
In some of the criminal investigations I've worked on, we've also used clothing that was unwashed. Honestly though, especially if you are just starting out learning how to develop psychic abilities, a small metal object will be best.
3. Sit comfortably and take a few deep breaths. Rub your hands together a few times to get the energy moving. You may feel a tingling sensation in your hands.
4. Take the object in your hands and close your eyes. Continue to relax and start to take note of how your body feels. Do you feel anything? See or hear anything? If not, it's OK, there's no right or wrong here. If you feel stuck, try asking yourself some questions such as:
5. Write down anything you feel even if it seems silly. Don't filter anything. The point of this exercise is to get you used to receiving energetic impressions. If you are working with a partner, you can start blurting out your impressions out loud.
6. Ask the person who gave you the object for feedback to see if they can validate the things you felt, saw, or heard.
Note: Even if you don't have a partner to work with, this is still a great exercise to practice when learning how to develop psychic abilities because it helps you get used to sensing and reading energy.
Take an object that has a lot of energy on it, like your keys or a piece of clothing you've worn a lot. Ask a friend to hide the object, then step outside while they do.
When you come back inside, see if you can connect with the item and feel where it is located. Ask yourself questions about the item such as:
Imagine you are connecting with the energy of the item to find it. I once found our "lost" cat stuck in a bedroom closet using this technique.
When people ask me how to become clairvoyant I tell them that they need to start working on visualization. Believe it or not, simple visualization techniques, such as the one we're going to talk about now, will strengthen your clairvoyance.
1. Have a friend take a tray or something similar and place five objects on it. The items should be different from each other. It's also helpful if they are things you've never seen before. We want to stretch those psychic muscles as much as possible. No peeking :)
2. When everything is set up, study the objects on the tray for 10 seconds then, have your friend completely remove the tray from view.
3. In your mind, imagine each object and where it was on the tray. Visualizing the objects in your mind is the key to this exercise. Write down as many items as you can recall in your mind's eye. The more detail you can remember, the better. For example, if there was a candle on the tray, you could write down something like cream colored candle with a wick that that has never been burned.
As the game gets easier, continue to challenge yourself: Try recalling 10 objects in the same amount of time or five objects in half the time, etc.
My husband teases me all the time that I could hear an ant walking by. My auditory perception isn't that good, but it's pretty darn strong.
So what's the best way to develop your clairaudience? It's easy: Start listening! Be aware of the distinct and individual sounds around you. Seriously, it's that easy.
Our daily lives are so busy that we instinctively tune everything out as we focus on what we have to do. I don't know about you, but it seems as though I always have a million thoughts racing around inside my head. So instead of tuning everything out, soak it all in! There's a full article on developing clairaudience here, but here are some tips to get you started right now:
You can do this exercise whenever you have a few moments. After some time, you'll probably be pleasantly surprised at how strong your auditory abilities become.
As you can see, practicing how to develop psychic abilities can be fun and stress free. Don't put undue pressure on yourself to master everything right away. Play around with these games and work with the one that you find most enjoyable!