Need Clarity? Talk to a Psychic Now
Clairaudience is one of the four major types of intuitive abilities. Today we’re going to talk about what it is and some simple ways to develop it.
Clairaudience is defined as clear hearing (see below). It is one of the four major ways we receive intuitive information. It’s a wonderful intuitive ability to have!
Clairaudient messages can come from your Higher Self and your spiritual team: spirit guides, loved ones in heaven, and even angels. You may hear words, phrases, music, or sounds.
Psychics and mediums who are clairaudient receive information and messages via their psychic hearing.
What’s it like?
- Clairaudient messages are usually heard internally, with your inner ear, inside your own head. Spirit communicates telepathically, so that is the reason for this.
- It’s usually subtle and sometimes (especially when first experiencing a psychic awakening), it can be difficult to distinguish between these intuitive messages and your own thoughts. Don’t worry, it gets better with practice :)
- It may sound like when you are reading silently to yourself, though you may also hear things that sound different from your own voice, such as a distinct spirit voice or music.
- Clairaudience can be external, too, though this is not as common. When this happens, it’s often because your spiritual team needs to get you an important message, such as “look out” ASAP!
- When you hear your spirit team externally, it can be startling because the voice may sound distinctly different from the physical voices we’re used to hearing. Yet some people that have had this experience really enjoy it and wish to have it again. If you’re one of those people, you may already be receiving clairaudient messages with your inner hearing (most common), but you just aren’t aware of it. Practicing the exercises below will help:
Ways to Develop Clairaudience
There are some simple ways to increase your psychic hearing. These exercises are easy, but they will help you become more clairaudient. Just remember to practice, and, more importantly… have patience with yourself. Okay, here we go!
The first thing to do to develop clairaudience is to use your physical ears to listen to the sounds around you.
See, I told you it was simple! Close your eyes right now, as long as it is safe to do so.
Really tune in and focus on all those little sounds that you normally don’t pay attention to. What do you hear? Try to differentiate between each unique sound.
For example, right now I can hear:
- a bird chirping in the distance
- trees blowing in the wind
- the ‘whoosh’ of roller blades outside
- a hockey stick hitting the pavement as a child zips by
- an airplane overhead
- cars in the far distance
- the hum of my refrigerator in the next room
Okay, I think you get the point. Really though, go wild with this. The more you can stretch your hearing, the better. What do you hear on your right? Your left? And all around you?
Once you’ve practiced this a bit, I think you’ll be surprised to find how much it helps.
2. Practice with Classical Music
I suppose any music is fine to try this exercise, but if you can get your hands on some classical music, that’s the best choice. Why? Because it’s all instrumental, and it will be easier for the sake of this exercise.
Sit comfortably, start up the music, and focus. Really listen carefully. Choose one instrument, and focus on it. Do you hear a violin? If so, focus on that for a few moments so that you hear the sound of the violin above all the other sounds.
If you are having difficulty, just breathe and focus. Now choose another instrument. Is there a flute? Trumpet? You get the idea.
3. Imagine the Sounds
This is a great way to stretch those clairaudient muscles! Just as we did with our clairvoyance exercise where we imagined things in our minds eye, we are going to do the same thing with our psychic hearing.
All you need to do is sit comfortably in a quiet room and use your imagination. Try imagining sounds, such as:
- the sound of a guitar or other instrument playing
- a favorite song playing in your head
- the sound of loved ones voice
- the sound of a baby laughing
- the distinct sound of a tool, such as a drill or jackhammer
Practice this for a few minutes each day until it’s easy for you to imagine the sounds in your mind.
Meditation is essential to developing psychic abilities, including clairaudience.
It’s a time for your mind to be at rest, and clear away all the clutter that has accumulated. You wouldn’t let your house fill up with clutter (at least I hope not!), so don’t let your mind, either. Practice meditation about 15 minutes per day if you can.
Once you’ve got the hang of meditating, you may want to start asking questions during your meditations.
Ask your guides and your Higher Self any questions you may have, and ask that the information be received via clauraudience. It may come in the form of a word, song, sound, etc.
And remember: Clairaudience is a really fun ability to have and is never scary.
Have fun with these psychic development exercises! Don’t put pressure on yourself. Relax and enjoy the process.