Chaldean Numerology is one of the oldest, most spiritual and most accurate forms of numerology. But, it’s not well known for being one of the “sexy” types of numerology.
It’s similar to the way Mark Wahlberg is a household name, but nobody knows the name of his manager, you know? MW’s manager is probably a totally awesome, smarty-pants, but nobody knows who the guy (or gal – see what I mean?) is unless they live in the celebrity world.
Let’s make Chaldean numerology sexy again and talk about how you can use it to decode life. Helpful? Yeah, for sure!
If you want to go deep, I highly recommend the book Chaldean Numerology for Beginners: How Your Name and Birthday Reveal Your True Nature & Life Path. This book is the “Bentley” of all books on the subject.
Remember in our other numerology posts how we said each letter of the alphabet corresponds to a number? Remember this simple chart:
Chaldean numerology is a bit different.
- First off, the letters don’t go in order like in the chart above (A, B, C, etc.). You’ll see a HUGE difference in the Chaldean chart below.
- Second, it uses different numbers. In other types of numerology, like Pythagorean numerology, the numbers 1 through 9 are used. Chaldean numerology focuses on the numbers 1 – 8. That’s because the number 9 was considered to be holy (like the number 7 in Christian Numerology) by the Chaldeans and was never used in a standard numerology chart.
The number 9 was only used when the total of the letters or vibrations in a name added up to 9… but it’s not on the chart, just like Master numbers 11 and 22 aren’t on other numerology charts.
- Third, you need use TWO sets of numbers in Chaldean numerology. A “single digit” number and a “double digit” number. Like an M&M, these numbers represent the inner and outer you, as you’ll see in a minute.
Got it? Cool!
The most spiritual form of numerology
In many ways, the Chaldean system of numerology is much more spiritual than other forms of numerology.
When studying Chaldean numerology, you’ll see yummy spiritual words such as “energy,” “destiny,” “dual energies,” “force,” “power,” and “vibrations” several times.
And much like Greek numerology, it focuses more on divination instead of symbolism.
Also, the Chaldeans were known for practicing magic and their interpretations of the stars. For this reason, some people refer to this as Mystical numerology.
I know! It is very interesting!
Chaldean Numerology Chart and Values
In other types of numerology, you’d decode your name based on your full birth name, such as…
Jennifer Ann Gordon or…
Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta
But in Chaldean numerology, you use what I call your “everyday” name (which may be different than your birth name), because it may be your married name or include a nickname. So…
Jen Smith or…
Take your name and write it out using the values from the chart. Here’s an example using Jen Smith’s numbers:
J E N S M I T H
1 5 5 3 4 1 4 5 = 28
We’re going to use that double digit, but for now, let’s keep reducing until we get a single digit.
2 + 8 = 10 (still a double digit), so 1 + 0 = 1
So, what do these numbers mean?
Single digits represent the inner self, while double digits indicate the outer self.
Single digits are how you appear to the rest of the world. If you were an M&M, it would be the hard, colored candy shell.
Double numbers represent hidden influences that play a role in your life. This would be the yummy chocolate inside of the M&M.
Your shell could totally look cool, calm, and collected to the outside world, but your yummy gooey center may struggle with low self-esteem and anxiety.
- This post lists each number and it’s meaning (numbers 1-9). Remember, this number represents your outer self.
- Jen also had a double digit of 10 and 28. These numbers represent her inner self. We’re cooking up a post about these meanings as we speak!
Your Birth Date
50 Cent was on to something when he said to party like it’s your birthday…
Your birth date is important in Chaldean numerology because it is constant, unlike your name which can change through marriage or nicknames. In other words, your birth date is forever.
In this system the birth number is based on the day of the month on which you were born.
50 Cent was born on July 6, so his number would be 6. Easy peasy!
Although the Chaldean numerology system is not as popular today as other systems, it’s still really awesome.