Need Clarity? Talk to a Psychic Now
You might be freaked out by the idea of a Ouija board and decide to try an angel board instead. But they can be kind of expensive. That’s OK though, because it’s super special to create one with your own two loving hands :) Here’s how:
The Difference Between Angel Boards and Ouija Boards
I like to be thorough, so let’s just take a minute to chat about the difference between an Angel board and a Ouija board.
So, what is the difference? To be honest, there really isn’t one… except for your intention.
Either way, you are starting with a piece of cardboard, but:
- The Angel board is decorated really pretty. When you buy it, you are probably doing so because you want some Divine guidance. You have good, yummy, heart-melty intentions.
- With a Ouija board, the cardboard is decorated with some spooky letters and has a reputation for being a controversial divination tool. You still might have good intentions – and that’s great. But some people don’t. Some people want to dabble in yucky stuff. We’ve all seen movies of teenagers invoking creepy spirits with a Ouija board. Ew!
The difference is intention.
A Ouija board could totally work for you if you have positive intentions. But if you have your heart set on an Angel board, here’s how to make one.
How to Make an Angel Board
Doreen Virtue makes an angel board that you can buy. But if you’re crafty, you can also make your own.
Tips to Making a Board with Positive Energy
Fill your Angel board with oodles of positive energy by using these tips:
- Meditate before you start.
- Allow good thoughts and images to come into your mind.
- Focus on the things you are grateful for.
- Set the intention that your Angel board is for your highest and best good. This board brings me clarity. I use my Angel board to help me feel at peace.
- Burn a white candle or some sage while you make your Angel board.
- Keep your vibration up by thinking happy, positive thoughts.
First, make the board.
- You can use any materials you want for your Angel board, including wood, cardboard, or poster board. I suggest white poster board because white is a Divine aura color. Cardboard is nice too, because you get to recycle and put out those good earth vibes :)
- If you use cardboard you can cover it with scrapbook paper.
- To make the lettering you can use watercolors, paint, or markers. Jazz that baby up with some glitter if you want to! (we’ll talk more about lettering below)
- You can also print out pictures of Angels and glue or decoupage them on your board.
Next, make the Oracle
You can make your own “oracle” for about a buck. Hop over to the dollar store and look for a plastic magnifying glass. Unscrew the top off it and voila!
You can also pop the eye glass lens off a pair of Dollar Store reading glasses. It’s flat, cheap, and will slide on your Angel board easily.
The magnifying glass works pretty good, but you’ll need two people to push it around the board. Just make sure your partner also has awesome energy. Don’t work with someone who is in a cranky mood or has bad intentions.
Write letters on your board
You know how a Ouija board has letters on it? You can do the same thing with your angel board.
It’s fun to get creative with this! Let the kid in you come out. Grab some markers, watercolors, colored pencils, glitter, or whatever makes you smile.
- You can write the letters freehand or buy some cheap stencils at the craft store.
- It doesn’t really matter how you place the letters. You can start with “A” – “Z” or copy an alphabet keyboard. Either way is totally cool.
- At the bottom, write or stencil the words “Yes”, “No”, and “Maybe”.
Tip: If you’re afraid that your letters will look sloppy, use a ruler to keep them straight and tidy.
When You’re Done
Angel boards are about the intent and how you use them. When you’re done using it, say a prayer and thank the Angels for their time and energy. To store your board, wrap it in some pretty fabric or a vintage tablecloth – until next time!
Next Read: The Top 15 Angel Books of All Time