People often search for an absolutely free online psychic reading because, let’s face it, seeing a legitimate intuitive can be expensive. But, is this a good idea? Is that “free” reading really free after all?
Is an Absolutely Free Online Psychic Reading Really Free?
There is one popular website that offers an absolutely free online psychic reading for newbies to their site for the first three minutes. Most of the popular psychic sites have introductory offers like this.
Sounds generally awesome, doesn’t it? It might be, as long as you keep these caveats in mind:
- You’ll probably need to give your credit card information up front in case you go over your allotted time.
- You can’t cover much in three short minutes. So, if you are planning on taking advantage of the free reading offer, use the time to get a feel for the reader rather than trying to get all of your burning questions answered. It’s so important to make a connection and feel comfortable with the intuitive you are working with. Then, if you feel like the reader is a good fit for you, you can go ahead and purchase a full reading.
Let’s take a look at what an absolutely free online psychic reading could potentially cost:
If the psychic charges $6.99 after the first 3 minutes and you chat for 30 minutes, that absolutely free online psychic reading would cost $188.73 (30 minutes – 3 free minutes = 27 minutes).
So keep that in mind before you call and set limits. One site said that when your free minutes are almost up, you will hear a chime – at that point you can pay for more time if you wish.
- How Often Should You Get Psychic Readings? – Learn how often you should get psychic advice and three situations in which you should absolutely avoid it.
- How Much Should You Pay for a Reading? – Get the scoop on how much you should pay for a reading and why cost varies so much.
- Pros and Cons of Free Readings on Facebook – Lots of psychics offer free readings on their Facebook page, but is this a good idea for you as a client?
Thinking of Try it Before You Buy It?
You probably wouldn’t visit a hairdresser and ask them to cut a little bit of your hair to see if you like it. That would be silly.
Instead, you would probably get referrals from friends and find a salon that has a good reputation.
Referrals can be a great way to finding an intuitive reader or medium, too.
- How to Find the Best Psychic Or Medium – These 10 tips will help you find a reader that you feel comfortable working with.
If you do want to try out a psychic before you purchase a reading, I invite you to check out Oranum (affiliate link).
They have a pretty awesome set-up for trying an absolutely free online psychic reading. And, they’re the only online spiritual community I know of that allows you to try out various mediums, psychics, or tarot readers for free so that you can find someone you connect with.
How do you know the reader you hire is legitimate and not making a sandwich while giving you a “reading”?
It may sound like I’m bashing online psychic services. I’m not. There are definitely some gifted and legitimate readers that work for psychic hotlines. I know some of them personally.
The problem is that it can be hard to weed out the awesome intuitive readers from the not-so-great or non-legitimate ones. Often, all you can see is a small photo of the psychic posted next to their name.
To make matters worse, some spiritual communities do minimal screening of the psychics and mediums they hire. I heard a story about one phone “psychic” who would tell his clients he was shuffling his tarot cards, when he was actually making himself a sandwich… all while leaving his clients hanging on the phone and charging them by the minute!
It’s sad when people take advantage of others like this and ruin it for the heart-centered and ethical psychics and mediums that want to help people.
If you’re going to try an online service for a free psychic reading, you might like to check out Oranum. I like that fact that you are in a live video chat with the psychic you are working with. This way, you get to see who you are working with and KNOW that they are focusing on you and not on sandwich making. :) To me, it makes the experience more personal. Oranum also has a refund policy which you can read more about on their site.
Tips for Trying Free Online Psychic Readings
If you’ve decided that you’d like to try an absolutely free online psychic reading, keep these tips in mind:
- Use your intuition. I know that sounds totally contradictory to the reason you are calling a psychic in the first place. What I mean is if you get a funny vibe about any of the readers you are thinking of working with, pass and select someone else. There are plenty to choose from.
- Be disciplined and set a time limit. If you don’t want to pay more than X amount of dollars, calculate how long it will take you to reach that limit and stick to it.