Ever seen an ad for an “Absolutely Free Online Psychic Reading” online? You might be wondering why on earth you’d pay for a reading when you could get it for free, right?!
Well, you know how they say “There’s no such thing as a free lunch”? It’s the same with readings. Let us show you behind the scenes and you’ll start to see why ‘free’ psychic readings aren’t always what they’re cracked up to be.
Is an Absolutely Free Online Psychic Reading Really Free?
There is one popular website that offers an absolutely free online psychic reading for newbies to their site for the first three minutes. Most of the popular psychic sites have introductory offers like this.
Sounds generally awesome, doesn’t it? It might be, as long as you keep these caveats in mind:
- You’ll probably need to give your credit card information up front in case you go over your allotted time.
- You can’t cover much in three short minutes. So, if you are planning on taking advantage of the free reading offer, use the time to get a feel for the reader rather than trying to get all of your burning questions answered. It’s so important to make a connection and feel comfortable with the intuitive you are working with. Then, if you feel like the reader is a good fit for you, you can go ahead and purchase a full reading.
- I know many amazing and ethical psychics and mediums. None of them offer free services. These are professionals who use their gifts full time to help others, and still need to support themselves and their families. Unfortunately, many of the unpleasant stories we’ve heard started with unethical psychics offering absolutely “free” services. You can learn more about how the “free psychic reading” scam works here.
Let’s take a look at what an absolutely free online psychic reading could potentially cost:
If the psychic charges $6.99 after the first 3 minutes and you chat for 30 minutes, that absolutely free online psychic reading would cost $188.73 (30 minutes – 3 free minutes = 27 minutes).
So keep that in mind before you call and set limits. One site said that when your free minutes are almost up, you will hear a chime – at that point you can pay for more time if you wish.
- How Often Should You Get Psychic Readings? – Learn how often you should get psychic advice and three situations in which you should absolutely avoid it.
- How Much Should You Pay for a Reading? – Get the scoop on how much you should pay for a reading and why cost varies so much.
- Pros and Cons of Free Readings on Facebook – Lots of psychics offer free readings on their Facebook page, but is this a good idea for you as a client?
Important Note: At first glance, it looks like you might be able to get a really cheap psychic reading from one of these sites. For example, one offers intuitive readings for 50 cents a minute. Just make sure you read the fine print. Sometimes this special pricing is for first time customers only.
When a Free Psychic Reading is OK
A great way to find a psychic reader is through word of mouth. (This post has lots of other tips about how to find an awesome intuitive reader or medium.)
But what if you don’t have any psychics or mediums in your area? What if you want to chat with a psychic from the privacy of your own home?
Wouldn’t it be awesome if you could try out a psychic reader before you invest money in a reading?
We think it’s a fantastic idea which is why we partnered up with Oranum (affiliate link).
They have a great set up which allows you to try out different psychics online – absolutely free!
Your full reading won’t be free, BUT, we like Oranum because you can try out different psychics and get a “feel” for who you connect with. And, since their psychics use webcams, you get to see exactly who you are working with!
When you find someone you feel comfortable with, THEN, you can choose to purchase a reading if you want. If you don’t connect – no harm, no foul. You don’t lose anything.
It’s very cool and unique. They’re the only online spiritual community we know of that allows you to try out various mediums, psychics, or tarot readers for free so that you can find someone you connect with.